Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Merging O2 & CPAP Data
Merging O2 & CPAP Data
I've noticed when I import O2 Ring data into Oscar, that if I've been wearing the O2 ring longer than I've had the CPAP machine on, the O2 ring data extends the session data which isn't ideal.

Any way to mitigate this to ensure that the O2 ring doesn't screw up the CPAP dataset ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Merging O2 & CPAP Data
While there is not a way to truncate the oximetry data, here are a couple ideas to either reduce or eliminate the run-on problem.
  1. Sync your CPAP and oximeter clocks.
    Note: You can change the Wellue's starting time to match the CPAP's prior to data import.

2. Start the oximeter at the same time or just after starting your CPAP.

3. Stop the oximeter before stopping your CPAP.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes - i had considered the put it on after and take it off first as a possible behavioural solution.

Will give that a try as ive butchered 2 days worh of data due to wearing the SpO2 for extended amounts of time ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Note that the sleep session statistics are based on the sleep sessions, not the total length of the graphs.

I can't think of any reason to think they might be inaccurate due to extended oximetry data.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 152 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 232 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 186 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 204 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 435 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 708 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.