Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Migrating CPAP to BiPAP
RE: Migrating CPAP to BiPAP
I am going through the same right now and I am using two SD cards in the machines, but I got one wrong day's worth of data onto one of the cards. Do you know if there is any way to delete a single day off the card (not in OSCAR)? Like can I just delete that folder in "DATALOG" or will that corrupt the data?
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate everybody's help on this, but frankly I'm very confused. It seem like quite a bit of conflicting information and advice has been provided.

Do I need two cards, one for old CPA (been in use almost 3 years) and one for the new BiPAP?
I talked to ResMed and they said I need a card for each machine.

Do I need more than one profile? Or just one? Will the existing profile import data from a new card and a new machine with a new machine serial number?

This seems like it should be so easy.

Bear with me -- it's obviously not something I do every day and I'm no expert. I need hand holding.
Post Reply Post Reply
>>>Do I need two cards, one for old CPA (been in use almost 3 years) and one for the new BiPAP?
Yes, retire the old card with the old machine.

>>>Do I need more than one profile?
No, OSCAR will create a new folder for the new machine in the same profile.

>>>Will the existing profile import data from a new card and a new machine with a new machine serial number?
Yes, as described above, a profile can have several machine folders, and the reports will have the data from both machines.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2022, 06:02 PM)SleepyTimeTime Wrote: This seems like it should be so easy.

I don't see how it could be easier. You insert the SD card into your computer and import the data.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2022, 08:27 PM)pholynyk Wrote:       "No, OSCAR will create a new folder for the new machine in the same profile."
@gideon

That is not what I am experiencing. I used the AirCurve two nights with a new SD Card (ResMed shipped the unit with a 4 GB SD Card already installed).

I am using a MacBook Pro 16 inch 2021 M1 chip running macOS Ventura 13.0.

I just went to import the data into OSCAR (and into my old profile). OSCAR says "Insert your CPAP Data Card" but nothing happens -- it times out and then gives me the option to choose a folder. I selected the OSCAR_Data folder, but nothing happened. No data import.

Now what? I'm stumped. I tried "CPAP Importer" several times but the same result.

I had previously created a new profile and both my original profile and new profile folders are showing in the Profiles folder. But I'm not using the new profile based on what I learned here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm also confused. I had to buy a new SD card and my machine went a week without one. So I loaded the new card last night, imported into OSCAR this am, and I get the overview and statistics, but not the previous daily views. I only get last night's daily view.
So how do I recover the historic data?

MHR
Post Reply Post Reply
MotorHeadRulz -

The Statistics and Settings are saved in the machine's internal memory for one year. The graphs on the Daily page are created from the detailed data which is recorded on the SD card while you sleep. If the SD card is not in the machine while you sleep, the detailed data is not saved anywhere else. It is not recoverable.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2022, 10:32 PM)SleepyTimeTime Wrote: I just went to import the data into OSCAR (and into my old profile). OSCAR says "Insert your CPAP Data Card" but nothing happens -- it times out and then gives me the option to choose a folder.

I don't know much about Macs, but I always insert the SD card in my computer before I launch OSCAR.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2022, 10:32 PM)SleepyTimeTime Wrote: I just went to import the data into OSCAR (and into my old profile). OSCAR says "Insert your CPAP Data Card" but nothing happens -- it times out and then gives me the option to choose a folder. I selected the OSCAR_Data folder, but nothing happened. No data import.

When you import the SD card data you should select the SD card to import from, not OSCAR_Data
The SD card typically shows up in /Volumes/<sd card name>/  or should also show up in the left panel of Finder with just the SD card name

If your laptop is not reading the SD card for some reason, try this:
  • Eject and remove the card from your laptop
  • Reboot your computer and login again
  • insert the SD card into your computer again and see if it reads it
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyTimeTime -

After OSCAR times out and asks you to select a folder, it wants to know where the data to import is. The usual answer is to import from your SD card. Some Linux variants do not mount the SD card automatically, ans I am not sure about Macs. If you cannot see the SD card in the Finder window, then OSCAR can't find it.
As a trial, before you open OSCAR, insert your SD card into your card reader. I think you should then see the SD card on your Desktop. If it doesn't show up we will need to call in the Mac guys. If it shows up, open OSCAR and click on the Import Data button (assuming you have a profile open). OSCAR should scan the file system and find your card. If it doesn't find an SD card, it will ask you to select a folder. Use the Finder window to select your SD card and the import should proceed.

Best I can do before coffee.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Migrating sleepyhead>oscar AND changing machines ? DaveCar 4 1,011 08-23-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: nanbar
  The BiPAP S/T RapmasterUK 10 3,189 04-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Last Post: RapmasterUK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.