Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Migrating CPAP to BiPAP
RE: Migrating CPAP to BiPAP
SleepyTimeTime  -  Sleepster brings up a good point.  Most newer operating systems automatically mount a drive after the removable device is connected.  Since the link to the device (SD card) didn't exist prior to starting OSCAR, it may not be aware that this device exists.  

To be on the safe side, insert your SD card, then verify you can access it using your system's file manager/explorer app prior to starting OSCAR.

You mentioned something that I may have misread. I read that when you went to import your data, you were pointing OSCAR to the OSCAR data directory. You need to designate the SD card's link to obtain the data and not where the data will be stored.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE 1: 

Got it! OSCAR has the Finder put up the window asking me to select a folder, but there were no instructional messages on what to select. It wasn't clear if I was to select the entire Volume or the DATALOG folder. I finally selected the entire Volume (i.e, the card) and it immediately imported the data. As everybody said, it was very easy.

The problem is I was interpreting the Finder selection window as asking me to locate a DESTINATION for the data, not the SOURCE of the data. Here's a suggestion to the developers. Put up a message "Select the VOLUME (i.e. SD Card) where your data is stored." The button on the Finder selection window says "Open" which implies opening up a volume, a folder or a file. It would be better if the button said "Select Your Data Volume." (I remember this exact same problem when I was developing apps on the Mac).

I added another attachment showing what Mac users see when OSCAR is asking you to locate the new data source.

It's been close to three years since I started using my first SD Card and I forgot that OSCAR is asking me to select the volume, not a folder.

Thanks to everybody for helping me.

--------------------------

The computer is reading the SD Card just fine. I see it in the Finder. In fact, I always have to go to the Finder to eject the card when I'm done importing data to OSCAR. 

The problem is not reading the card. The computer mounts the card fine and I can open it in the Finder and see the folders and data. The problem is getting OSCAR to import the data from the new card. OSCAR is detecting a new card and putting up the folder selection window and asking me to select a window. But there's no indication what I'm supposed to do or what I'm supposed to select or why.

In the past, the sequence of steps has not mattered. I can insert the SD Card in the reader before or after opening OSCAR. OSCAR has read the old SD Card just fine.

Attached is a screen cap of my Finder showing the OSCAR_Data files and folders.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2022, 09:20 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You mentioned something that I may have misread.   I read that when you went to import your data, you were pointing OSCAR to the OSCAR data directory.  You need to designate the SD card's link to obtain the data and not where the data will be stored.

Yes! That was exactly my problem. I was interpreting the Finder selection window to mean locate your DESTINATION for the data, not the SOURCE volume. As soon as I selected the source volume, everything worked. 

I made a UI suggestion about this in my UPDATE 1 post.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ResMed AirCurve 10 came with a 4 GB card in it. I bought a 32 GB card before I found the included 4 GB card in the machine. The first two nights, I used the included ResMed 4 GB card. Last night, I switched back to the new 32 GB card I bought thinking I didn't want to be constrained by available memory.

I was able to load the data from last night just fine (see thread above). I can see the full Daily data and all the charts.

I just loaded the original 4 GB card to bring in the November 12 & 13 data. The data seemed to load okay, but I only got summary statistics, no detailed graphs. 

November 12 & 13 - 4 GB ResMed card, summary only
November 14 - 32 GB aftermarket card, summary AND full data

The attached file shows what I see for November 12 & 13.

Any ideas on why I cannot get the full data for Nov 12 & 13?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Was the card in the CPAP when you were using it? If it wasn't, say "Sayonara" to your detailed data for those dates.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the card was in the machine. I used the machine those two nights and bought a new 32 GB card thinking that there was no card in it. When I went to install the 32, I found the 4 in the machine. I changed out the 4 yesterday for the 32 and will continue using the 32.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Migrating sleepyhead>oscar AND changing machines ? DaveCar 4 1,011 08-23-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: nanbar
  The BiPAP S/T RapmasterUK 10 3,195 04-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Last Post: RapmasterUK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.