Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mirage liberty question
Mirage liberty question
I got the liberty three days ago. The mask is suprisingly comfortable, however I find that I am waking several times a night with the pillows pulling away from my nostrils and leaking. Any suggestions? Is the hybrid more stable?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mirage liberty question
Hi Roxy,
I'm just curious, when you look at your graphs, Do you notice your pressure creeping up more toward 20 in the night? I notice in your profile,you say your pressure settings are 14-20. .
Glad you found a mask that is comfortable for you. Best of luck on getting your CPAP therapy fine tuned.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2012, 04:12 PM)Roxy Wrote: I got the liberty three days ago. The mask is suprisingly comfortable, however I find that I am waking several times a night with the pillows pulling away from my nostrils and leaking. Any suggestions? Is the hybrid more stable?

I own a Mirage Liberty and I had a demo of the Innomed Hybrid for a week trial. I was hoping one of them would work because it is such a minimalist design and I like the concept. However, I had the same experience with both of these masks...I just couldn't get a consistently good seal from the nose pillows for an entire night. The Innomed Hybrid does have more adjustment possibilities than the Mirage Liberty and is much cheaper. I ended up switching to a Quattro FX and that has ended up being my mask of choice. Good luck in the search for yours.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I found an interesting youtube film showing a way to make the liberty more stable
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxVQU4OM9Sg
I will try it tonight.

I had tried the quattro fx but found that the cushion kept separating causing leaks even though I was careful that it was inserted in the frame correctly

The quattro and flex fit went in the didn't work pile because no matter how adjusted the masks, I would get a nasty red spot on the bridge of my nose. I had tried the gecko and pad a cheek but still had a nasty red line that lasted most of the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting video. I'd be interested in knowing how it works for you tonight. Please report back tomorrow and again, good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I look forward to hearing how you do with your new mask after you try the adjustments you discovered through the video you mentioned.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2012, 06:51 PM)Roxy Wrote: I found an interesting youtube film showing a way to make the liberty more stable
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxVQU4OM9Sg
I will try it tonight.

Roxy:
Did you get a chance to try it out and if so, did it help at all?
Post Reply Post Reply
I did try it but it did not make a huge difference
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thing people recommended on forums when I was trying the Liberty was a product called Lansinoh. It's an almost pure form of lanolin that drug stores sell and it's primarily manufactured for pregnant women to use as a nipple cream. It's kind of an ointment with some stickyness to it and you just rub a tiny bit on the inside of your nostrils. Some people swore by it but I found that when I used it with a humidifier, after awhile it actually seemed to make it more slippery. Might be worth a shot if you really are wanting the Liberty to work for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Lanisnoh HPA Lanolin" is the right term. Lanisnoh is a brand name for a bunch of things. Without the "HPA Lanolin", you might end up with the Lanisnoh diaper cream, which may not work as well.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mirage FX Vs Eson 2 mask jblkiller 0 470 07-27-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: jblkiller
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 477 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  Mirage FX mask: Wide or Standard HappyCpappySmile 0 558 08-24-2022, 11:38 PM
Last Post: HappyCpappySmile
  [Equipment] Thinking about trying Mirage Liberty kingpin 5 1,032 06-13-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
Surprised Mirage Quatro Cushion cleaning Redorchid2404 7 869 04-12-2022, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed Mirage Liberty hybrid mask leaking prob. boondockbob 2 874 03-31-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  [CPAP] Mirage Activa LT mask discontinued. Xeraphax 6 2,766 02-09-2022, 12:51 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.