Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Missing Clear Airway, RERA events in OSCAR for Air Curve 10 ASV
Missing Clear Airway, RERA events in OSCAR for Air Curve 10 ASV
I was diagnosed to have CSA. I was given a Resmed S9 ASV machine for trial which fixed my CSA with AHI=0 mostly. 
With S9, OSCAR still showed CA event to be zero when my AHI is zero.
I also tried the following machines which showed diffent set of CSA related events.
  Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt,          Clear Airway
  AirSense 10 Elite,             CSR, Clear Airway,  RERA
  AirCurve 10 VAuto (VPAPAuto)   Clear Airway, 

Now, I have been using Air Curve 10 ASV for a few months, my AHI is mostly less than 1. But OSCAR does not show any CA, CSAR, RERA events, instead it shows regular events, e.g. Large Leak, Unclassified Apnea, Obstructive and Hypopnea events. (BTW, what is Unclassified Apnea event? )
Is it because the new Air Curve 10 ASV does not provide the CA,CSR, RERA events or OSCAR does not show them ?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Missing Clear Airway, RERA events in OSCAR for Air Curve 10 ASV
How about showing us a chart? OSCAR is the best report tool, and it's our default tool to help with questions such as this. I have the same ASV model, and I haven't been able to use mine for a while, so OSCAR info sometimes was forgotten by me.

There's 2 possible answers.
1. You've not had those events and therefore it's not reporting.
OR
2. Unclassified is meaning events it can't determine what they are but you're having something.

Now I thought my ASV could report CA and others. Let me stroll into my thread and see what I see.

EDITED... ADDING THIS

FWIW here's one of my last ASV OSCAR shots

[attachment=34157]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Missing Clear Airway, RERA events in OSCAR for Air Curve 10 ASV
ResMed ASV is different than other CPAPs, APAPs, BiLevels in that it treats the current breath. So when a CA is occuring (ASV) PS is immediately applied on the current breath (all other modes treat future breaths) to maintain the same Minute Vent. Thus NO event actually occurs! The CA event that started was circumvented by the ASV machine. Other machines see an event and then react. Keep in mind, it's not an event unless it's 10 seconds or longer. ASV operates on entirely different algorithms than other machines.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 351 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 268 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 122 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 118 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 178 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 177 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.