Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mixed questions
Mixed questions
Greetings;
Its been a while and sleepyhead has been replaced with Oscar but hopefully I can grasp it. I am using the resmed autoset 10 and have had great luck after finding you guys. Ive noticed the importance of this machine when I tried to take a nap without it. I have woke up gasping for air. I also wonder how many people die as a result of sleep apnea.

I still have the same Cpap machine but after realizing the importance I have bought another one off of craigslist. When I first installed Oscar it wouldnt open my file up after I closed the program. I uninstalled and installed again this time it worked. I was able to set the 2nd Cpap machine up using the info on Oscar. I have some questions if you dont mind.

What is EPR?
EPR Level?

What is ESSENTIALS?
Plus or On?

Can I set the back up machine the same as the main one? I'm sure that each machine varies a little but That would be a good starting point wouldnt it?

And last can you take a look at the graph I posted and see if there are any improvements I can make?

Thank you in advance and I will most likely donate tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mixed questions
EPR - exhale pressure relief - reduces pressure during exhalation, making it easier to get used to xPAP

Essentials - use Plus - it provides more information on the devices screen report, although you will get even more from OSCAR

Assuming both are the same machine, you absolutely can set them up with identical settings

The mor experienced people will here will no doubt be able to help you interpret your charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You!
Post Reply Post Reply
Can anyone take a look at this? I'm still trying to learn the Oscar software and what kind of adjustments I can make.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now the hard part,  How do you feel?  What are the symptoms that you are feeling, and how do you feel the suggestions that you implemented affect you?
These questions should be answered every time you post a chart or a question about your therapy.

That said,

Raise your minimum pressure to 13, and expect to raise it more later, this is to better treat your obstructive apnea and your flow limits and snores.
Your obstructive apnea looks somewhat clustered, this implies a positional apnea with your chin tucking.  I would like to see another day or 2 before recommending either a loose fitting soft cervical collar (Releaf is popular) or an anti-snoring collar which has only a strap on the back of the neck (Dr Dakota is popular) to hold the chin up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I raised the max pressure from 17 to 18 and I seem to notice some improvement last night. I have been sleeping without a pillow just recently to not obstruct the airway so much. I will raise the minimum pressure from 11 to 13 like you suggested but where on the chart were you able to interpret the readings to raise the minimum pressure?

I also made a donation with paypal last night. I would be so lost without this board.

I also took a screenshot of the statistics. I went from January 2017 to January 2018 with the machine in Cpap mode and pressure relief set to 'none'.
On January 5 2018, the prescription changed and I don't remember changing it. When I got the machine I took it to durable medical supply or what ever it is called and he took the serial number and registered it. Is it possible someone tweaked the settings remotely and I didn't recognize it? The EPR has been set to full time and the mode has been changed from CPAP to APAP

Thank You.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the screenshot In the change of prescription one line is green and one line is red. Is that just to separate the two or do the colors mean something?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2019, 12:16 PM)405. Wrote: Here is the screenshot In the change of prescription one line is green and one line is red. Is that just to separate the two or do the colors mean something?

Green will highlight the setting with the lowest AHI, while red will highlight the setting with the highest (worst) AHI.  Since you only have two prescriptions/settings in the imported, the colors aren't particularly useful.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2019, 08:03 AM)405. Wrote: Can anyone take a look at this? I'm still trying to learn the Oscar software and what kind of adjustments I can make.

You have a lot of leaking. Try a chin strap. If that doesn't work, a full face mask.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i had to get away from the full face mask because the pressures are so high it leaked all night long and kept me awake. I had some teeth pulled and a bone graft put in that is healing and that may be giving me some issues. I am also going to tighten the strap a little more. Do you see anything else that that you would like to share? Also, I'm curious because I dont know... What part of the graph did you use to make these recommendations? I'm sure they are all important but which ones were of the most importance so I can watch them?

And one last question. I just started having the leak problem lately. How long are nasal pillows good for? I am going to try a new one tonight and see if that helps.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 159 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  hi there, another mixed apnea here cexer 8 477 03-11-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: cexer
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  For chronic mouth leakers using tape and getting mixed results, or even poor results. Expat31 1 400 12-14-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.