Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SOLVED - ResMed Aircurve 10 popping noise
RE: SOLVED - ResMed Aircurve 10 popping noise
I am very pleased to locate this thread.  That popping noise has been very annoying for several weeks.  Please forgive my brain-dead thought process, but I just don't understand where this rubber band is to be placed.  Would someone kindly take a photo of the humidifier bin with a rubber band and post it?  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Contrary to my current profile, I am using the AirCurve 10 ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2022, 09:22 AM)terp1984 Wrote: I am very pleased to locate this thread.  That popping noise has been very annoying for several weeks.  Please forgive my brain-dead thought process, but I just don't understand where this rubber band is to be placed.  Would someone kindly take a photo of the humidifier bin with a rubber band and post it?  Thanks.

The popping noise is coming from the two front corners on the latch side.  You can see them rubbing and hear the noise coming from here when you look carefully at the edges and opening and closing the lid.  I solved this by putting two small pieces of electrical tape over the edge of each corner.  Hasn't popped in months.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same issue with that popping sound. I'm a restless sleeper as it is, but there was no sleeping with that popping noise. Replacing the tub made little difference.

I found that if I held the machine steady with my left hand and "shoved" the water chamber in forcefully with my right hand, and then held the end of the chamber together for a minute or so after it was running, then the popping stopped. Sad

This fiasco was with a "For Her" machine. I finally returned it and now use a V Auto with no issues.

I think it's totally ridiculous that we should be advised to place a rubber band around the tub. Sad
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

The rubber band worked great.  In case someone else is a bit confused about where to put the rubber band, I posted a photo.  I’m sure tape would work fine, too.  This just seemed like an easy solution.

It appears to me that ResMed could easily fix this problem with a simple design change.  The two tabs to which the hinged chamber lid attach could be moved down slightly to make a tighter fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems then that the large gasket (between the upper and lower halves of the water chamber) is losing its elasticity. An alternative to the rubber band might be a paper clip or the like wedged in just the right spot. Look closely at the two latches that hold the chamber closed. If you apply pressure with your hands to close it even further you will see a small space open up above the tab on each latch. Place a paper clip in that small space so it compresses the gasket even more. It's no permanent solution, but it will do in a pinch.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all, I have a one month trial rental 10 autoset for her machine right now cause it's all my therapist had. No biggie cause they can all be set to run for men Lol. It's been about 2 weeks using it and just last night the creaking started coming from the humidifier chamber. I figured out what it was right away, it flexed in and out just like my lung as I breathed. Anyway, it's only a rental so I'm not too concerned about it. An elastic band fixed it for me. Interestingly I have been cleaning it daily and pouring out quite a bit of distilled water every morning so lastnight I only filled it a third of the way. I'll fill it max again tonight and see it helps. I already went out and bought a newish autoset 10 off kijiji for $500 usd with 170 hours on it cause my therapist also said I might have to keep renting this thing cause of no stock issues. I decided 250/month was too much to rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
The rubber band trick is no longer working for me, I suspect the rubber/silicone gaskets get flatter with time and allow the lid to move up and down to much, then with breathing in and out the tabs bump up against each other.

Tonight I will try this as a temporary solution.

@ Jeff,

thanks for the tip, not sure where you are placing the tape: could you maybe upload an image if possible? are you placing the tape where the tabs are or at the bump stops that clip the humidair into the machine itself?

Regards,

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
Two nights down and no more popping!

Still thinking about a more elegant solution.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 301 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 566 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,286 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,512 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 208 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.