Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
Monitoring data wirelessly
I have a modem installed on my DreamStation and would like to monitor the detailed data on my card without having to pull the card every day. What I need to know is how to import the card wirelessly using Oscar. Appreciate any advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
You can not unless you have a special wireless memory card. The machine is wireless but not the card. The cards go for over 100$ Toshiba I think. You will need to transfer the data using the card into the computer and then back to your pap machine.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The only way I know of is with a Toshiba FlashAir SD card. The modem in your Respironics cannot be accessed by you in any way, shape, or form as you are not the DME. You can set up the FlashAir after purchase. However you get he data to the computer, by FlashAir or regular SD or SDHC card, use OSCAR to read it. Then it is then also ready to be posted to this thread for us to see and assist in settings to make the PAP machine perform better and to support you better.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The modem on your DreamStation is for remote monitoring with limited data output.  There isn't a way to use it for this purpose.
To achieve your goal and if you can find one, a Toshiba FlashAir Wi-Fi SD card is required.  You will need one that is 32Gb or smaller.  Unfortunately, Toshiba has ceased production of these cards, so it has driven the price up on the ones that are available.  Using the FlashAir, you would use either FlashPAP or Sleep Master, both are free, to communicate between the card and your PC.   Many of us here use this setup.  I have gone as far as automating mine so it will run automatically each day unattended.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2020, 04:25 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The modem on your DreamStation is for remote monitoring with limited data output.  There isn't a way to use it for this purpose.
To achieve your goal and if you can find one, a Toshiba FlashAir Wi-Fi SD card is required.  You will need one that is 32Gb or smaller.  Unfortunately, Toshiba has ceased production of these cards, so it has driven the price up on the ones that are available.  Using the FlashAir, you would use either FlashPAP or Sleep Master, both are free, to communicate between the card and your PC.   Many of us here use this setup.  I have gone as far as automating mine so it will run automatically each day unattended.

Good luck!

Thanks.

Do you have any step-by-step instructions (or know where I can find them) on how to set this up? It appears to be a bit more involved than I can figure out. I am using OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the thread on this exact subject. If you experience problems after reading it, just post your questions back here.

Link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ght=config

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2020, 07:48 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Here is the thread on this exact subject.  If you experience problems after reading it, just post your questions back here.

Link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ght=config

Good luck!

Thanks. Just got my new card in.

The instructions look like they are for Windows. Is this not possible with Mac? I can use either, but would prefer to use Mac OS, if possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
The instructions are the same for all platforms. The only caveat when operating on a platform other than Windows is to make sure that you use a CR+LF line termination when you save the CONFIG file.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2020, 06:04 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The instructions are the same for all platforms.  The only caveat when operating on a platform other than Windows is to make sure that you use a CR+LF line termination when you save the CONFIG file.

Actually, the instructions for Mac OS are entirely different and not being an expert in all this makes it impossible to figure out.

The instructions do not say which OS is being used, but I assume it is Windows, but who knows what version.

My OSCAR software is on my Windows 10, so I will just try with that OS. What I'm finding is that Windows 10 is also different than the instructions which are 5 years old now (it's still is saying to use SleepyHead which is long gone!

So I was only able to get as far as #2.

I have no clue how to find what drive the card is in + there is nothing that says "My Computer", but there is something called "My PC" which I clicked on and the only drives that appear under devices and drives are the C, D and E drives. How would the card even know to connect to my computer???

Does anyone have updated instructions using Windows 10?

At a complete standstill until then.
Post Reply Post Reply
MSC2014,

My PC is the correct place to be with the SD ard in your PC you will have an extra drive compared to when its not plugged in my guess is it's either D or E probably E
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 7 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 240 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 541 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,235 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.