Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

More events recently
More events recently
I have been using CPAP for several years, Resmed Airsense 10. Until recently I was averaging one or two events per hour consistently. In the last two weeks I have had several nights with average readings from 5-10. I have changed to a new mask, but this did not help. I tape my mouth to prevent mouth breathing. I am attaching a screenshot of the past six months data.

Does anyone have any suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: More events recently
No screenshot showing. After you choose the screenshot there is a final button to attach.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
File attached now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry but what is needed is a typical day. At the bottom of the post is how the charts need to be set up.

Also remove the calendar by clicking on the small triangle in the date line and from the top menus remove the pie chart.

Just seeing the graphs are not enough you need to show the left column.

Use F12 for a screenshot it is setup for the correct size and resolution.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I think I've got the right attachment now. This is from last night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You have a large group of obstructive apnea and I think it is positional apnea. Positional apnea is when you get into a position while asleep where you cut off your own airway. If this just started - have you changed things, like a new higher pillow or sleeping on your back?  It can be that simple. 

Positional apnea is mainly caused by “chin tucking “. This is where your chin drops to your Sternum and you cut off your own airway. You can see if you sleep on your back it would lead to chin tucking   

There is nothing you can do with the machine to help you have to stop getting into that position. If it cannot be fixed by these simple things (and looking at the rest of the chart I think you can), many people need to use a collar. See the link at the bottom of the post. It shows how people did without a collar and the same person with a collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice. Nothing has changed recently that would account for the deterioration. I will try a lower pillow for awhile and see what that does. I have used the collar in the past and really dislike it, hence the tape.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tape works to keep your mouth shut but does NOTHING for positional apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 0 21 2 hours ago
Last Post: liebano
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 242 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 355 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,401 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 179 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.