Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

More on the benefit of Oximeters
RE: More on the benefit of Oximeters
The Beddr SleepTuner, the one that goes on your forehead. really interests me as an O2 monitor. I don't don't know if you can download the data as you can with other O2 monitors mentioned here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I struggled to get my SA under control (AHI 74%, O2 67%). Unfortunately, my mental acuity, weight, and overall health has suffered from symptomatic diagnosis. It reinforces my bias about cognitive services you get at your primary doctor. The medical community needs to raise the bar and pay these people appropriately.
I'm definitely charting my own path, as concerning as that my be..
The CMS50F oximeter is useful, and I have the following to suggest:
1. Try to avoid sitting down as much as possible. Dozing off in a chair does drive desaturations for me to the low 80% O2 levels.
2. Use resistance to exercise (rubber bands, etc). these products help those who can't avoid sitting down.
3. Controlled resistance breathing (long breath in, hold, long breath out). Pursed lip breathing is useful to raise my O2. CPAP setting and optimization does help.
4. Keep learning even with the mental fog.

I will always be appreciative of the dedicated members of this board, and the "passive" medical community should note the essential work of this group. I'm shocked about the lack of physician involvement in apnea and O2 therapy, Doc's/providers need to be watching these boards to learn what really is happening. I don't have much hope given their history in opiod prescriptions...sad..first do no harm.
CPAP is an aerobic exersize
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a reason why you don't use your o2 in a chair? It might be an idea to talk with your doctor about it. You may find using o2 when you need it, doesn't affect the benefit of exercises and pulmonary rehab.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 27,376 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Question Could I benefit from going to BiPap VAuto? vinhuard 29 1,731 01-31-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: vinhuard
Brick Can slight arrythmia disrupt oximeters? Seems not? DavidEsp 3 557 04-13-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  [Supposed UARS] No benefit from APAP after 3 weeks, continue to increase pressure? SteveIsTired22 7 919 10-10-2022, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [News] OXIMETERS -- RACIAL DIFFERENCES srlevine1 0 488 06-02-2022, 06:39 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Diagnosis] Would I benefit from an ASV? Sleepy Willy 21 2,347 05-15-2022, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
  CPAP may not benefit people older than 80 with sleep apnea DH07002 8 1,076 05-02-2022, 01:21 AM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.