Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

More tired, more irritability/anxiety after cpap use
More tired, more irritability/anxiety after cpap use
So I started my cpap therapy about a week ago. I’ve got the ResMed airsense 11 and nasal mask N30i. My AHI was super low before, about 3.2 events per hour but my RDI was about 19. Im being treated for UARS at this point. I’ve had no issues surrounding using the machine- mask is comfortable,
I sleep about 8-9 hours average, no anxiety wearing the mask, excellent numbers, etc. I actually really like wearing it- it’s kind of, soothing? Anyway, I’ve noticed I’m even more tired during the days now. Not to mention, my daily anxiety/depression/irritability has gotten waaaaay worse.  I’m starting to really hate how I am now. I know it takes an adjustment period, but gosh I feel mentally awful. Did this happen to anyone else? I’m getting really discouraged as it’s really effecting my days. ☹️
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: More tired, more irritability/anxiety after cpap use
Having your sleep disrupted is one of the most terrible things a human can experience especially over a long term so it's no surprise that your symptoms are haunting you. If you'd like you can share some of your OSCAR daily views with us and we can recommend some ways to improve your therapy. Without seeing the data and understanding you have UARS what types of things are you doing to open up your nose / nasal passage on a nightly basis?
Post Reply Post Reply
You are moving out of the honeymoon phase of CPAP and into the daily grind we all experience. A likely scenario is you just need some fine tuning of machine parameters and maybe some sleep position adjustments. 

Please post some OSCAR charts (instructions are linked to in my signature below). You need to include the Events, flow rate, pressure, flow limits, snore, and leak rate. Show the entire night, don't try to guess what folks want to see. Be sure to include the left hand columns (turn off calendar though). Do a full screen snapshot and add it as an attachment to your next post.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m so new, I haven’t even installed OSCAR yet. I’ll try to do that today.  My nasal passages are fine, no obstructions so I don’t do anything but pop on the mask before I go to bed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 181 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 264 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 540 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 341 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,512 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 299 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 217 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.