Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Motif Clean-Z CPAP Ozone Sanitizer
Motif Clean-Z CPAP Ozone Sanitizer
Is there any real advantage to purchasing this machine, vs weekly cleaning in a bucket with soapy water?  It says:
99.99% effective sanitation by O3
Ultra portable
USB Powered
For Sanitizing: PAP Device, Mask, Tubing and Accessories

Regular price: $149.00
Special price: $49.99
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Motif Clean-Z CPAP Ozone Sanitizer
Short answer, No. You still have to clean your equipment and the antibacterial soap will kill any bacteria that is of any concern. If the O3 was of enough concentration to actually sanitize, you would be required to have an EPA approved safe area to operate the device. Some things are made to be used and some are made to be sold. These devices are made to be sold.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply.  I had a feeling that was the case.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed, it's not needed. My new RT showed me a SoClean brochure, which is similar, because she was expected to. We agreed that since ResMed's warranty is at stake with using one, I decided to pass.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a Respify ozone cleaner and like it. I used a SoClean for years and also liked that. This site doesn't like these machines.
And the contributors are knowledgeable! We disagree on this issue.

I can use the Respify on my humidifier and tube alone, or add the mask, and then add the machine if I wish.

A warm humidifier pushing humid air into a tube for eight hours is asking for trouble.

I'll bow out now as the flak comes in; I'll get banished if I continue. So Long and good luck! All sorts of vitriol will ensue. Other folks have had a positive experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
no message
Post Reply Post Reply
hegal, everyone has their preferences and needs, and I think most of the objection to ozone disinfection systems in the past, has been the high cost and outrageous claims by the manufacturers. Prices are coming down, and there are a lot of competitors in the market. The use of ozone disinfection is still not necessary, and may void manufacturer warranties, but if it makes you or anyone else more comfortable, less anxious, or saves some work it's all good. The evangelism against these machines has always been about manufacturer claims. As long as it makes you feel better about your equipment, and using it, there is a benefit. No one is being banished. At one time, the only player was SoClean, and while we're all aware of it, we just get tired of it being pitched as if it actually does anything beneficial. The therapy is yours, and you should do what works for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do a search of CLEAN Zone CPAP sanitizer. 

Long story made short, I bought a brand-new one on EBAY a month or so ago. I like it. Mine cost me $50.00 or so with free shipping. 

I use it in addition to regular hand cleaning of my CPAP equipment. If nothing else, it gives me peace of mind.

There are knock-offs being marketed. Beware of them.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks, Sleeprider. I don't use my ozone cleaner to make myself feel better psychologically. I'm not an infant. Again, there's disagreement as to whether these devices actually kill bacteria and mold. I've had good results.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you do choose to get and use any of these cleaning devices, that is your choice. I try to educate on what I learn, but I do let my emphasis on my preference come through.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VirtuClean CPAP Ozone Cleaner moondoggy 16 4,529 03-08-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Airsense 10 Clean And Recondition scowell 5 451 01-14-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  NOTICE: FDA Announces Voluntary Recall of SoClean Ozone Cleaners Sleeprider 4 965 12-03-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Suggestions on how to clean a Resmed S10 motor? texquad 5 917 09-01-2023, 02:24 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Advice on how to clean F20 Airtouch? raptosnorus 4 726 06-30-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Self confessed CPAP hater trying CPAP again. How do you clean your CPAP? dorlow 10 1,039 03-07-2023, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.