Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Jimmy Lotus - Therapy Thread
RE: Jimmy Lotus - Therapy Thread
Last night was my best night's sleep yet. Just check out that pressure flatline near minimum, on APAP no less! And only 6 events! The two interrupts at the beginning were me trying the large pillows on my P10. That was a no-go right out of the gate; way too much leakage.
I know I'm still low on the total therapy sleep hours, but I feel like a hundred dollars this morning, which is a lot better than the dollar ninety-seven that was about the best I could hope for, pre-CPAP, for the last 35 years or so.
I'm so looking forward to the million-dollar nights I reckon are somewhere ahead.  Big Grin

I want to also express my appreciation to the devs of OSCAR. Y'all rock.  Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your results in efficacy and comfort are greatly improved! The hours in therapy is trending the right direction with room for improvement. Keep up the good work.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I cleaned my ResMed 10 AirSense AutoSet's headgear, mask hose, nasal pillows, humidifier tank, and the ClimateLine tubing with a scent- and dye-free mild dish detergent (the "Seventh Generation" brand I found at Target) last night, rinsed it all well with warm tap water, laid most of the gear on a clean towel overnight, and hung the tubing over a door to dry. There are still some tap water droplets in the tube this morning, so I was going to run the Mask Fit a couple times (with the mask connected to the tube?) to dry it out.

Cleaning the tube was a pain in the fifth point of contact, and I may not ever do it again, after seeing some posts here and elsewhere where some people never clean their tubing, even after 3, 5, 7, 84 years, etc. of use.

My questions are: Does the machine heat the humidifier plate when running Mask Fit? I.e. should I fill the humidifier tank with distilled water, or leave it empty until tonight when I'll use it again, or just leave the tank off the machine when I run the Mask Fit cycles? Should I connect the mask when I run the MaskFit or just leave the end of the tubing open?

Thanks for any advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
During mask fit, the machine produces maximum pressure and flow but does not operate the heater. Good drying can be achieved with a cheap pool toy inflator https://www.amazon.com/Quick-Fill-Electr...B0B6VRJ76W I don't bother to clean the tube.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The last two nights have been my best nights yet, numbers-wise. I've finally broken the 6-hour mark and I feel really good when I awaken for the day.

However, are the leaks something I should be concerned about? I reckon they're from mouth-breathing. My lady friend says she has noticed only minimal snoring, but I have noticed that there are some occurrences where i have a mouthful of air and need to release it.

Also, just from looking at my Flow Rate and having only a newbie's understanding of what I'm looking at, are the "spiky" sections unusual?

I should note that the last two nights have also been pretty bad for me, nasal-congestion-wise. Ragweed, mold, and grass pollen are all pretty high just now where I live.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your results look great. The spikes are simply individual breaths that are slightly larger than the ones around it. Sometimes these can indicate an arousal,but usually they are just normal variation, sighs, movement, deep breath etc. I would not worry about it. Leaks are rarely perfect, at least mine aren't. Yours look to be in an acceptable range and never exceed large-leak threshold, so don't affect therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 67 1,202 6 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 858 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,064 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 580 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 482 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 534 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 811 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.