Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto
RE: Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto
Thanks Sleeprider. It is not an audible alarm. Just a message similar to those alerting one to replace filters or masks and such. I can live with it but my type A personality gets irritated to see it every morning when I turn the machine off LOL!  For the cost savings I can swallow the annoyance.
Cool 

I did learn a lot going through this process so that is a plus too. I tried to change programming to eliminate the message but without special software and equipment, I don't think it is possible for the end user. Dont-know 

Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Ventura Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Today I received a new aftermarket motor from China to use as a spare back-up motor in my Airsense Autoset machine. The Autoset original new motor had been sacrificed to replace the Air Curve ASV motor that had exceeded 21,900 hours. The ASV machine is now working great! Wink

It took about an hour to open up the Autoset machine, remove the temporarily installed 21,900 hour ASV motor and install  the new motor from China. (Hey, I'm getting better at this task). I put on my full face mask and ran the Autoset machine for about half an hour to test it. Very quiet and very smooth. The Autoset machine is not good for central apnea and Cheyne Stokes breathing issues but I am still keeping it as a back up machine and hoping to use its parts to keep the ASV machine running as long as possible.

The motor I bought took a relatively short time getting here from China, promised by April 18 but arrived on April 6th. Cool I am now a happy camper.   

Ventura Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on installing the new motor. Sounds like another success story.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2023, 11:33 PM)Ventura Bill Wrote: Today I received a new aftermarket motor from China to use as a spare back-up motor in my Airsense Autoset machine. The Autoset original new motor had been sacrificed to replace the Air Curve ASV motor that had exceeded 21,900 hours. The ASV machine is now working great! Wink

Is the ASV still displaying the motor life exceeded message?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for a bit of a thread hijack, although still on this general topic, I hope you don't mind, Sleeprider.

I love the AirSense 10 machine, and at about 17,000 hours I still have a bit of life left in my machine. I also own an AirMini which I use for travel, and it has proven quite reliable, but does not see daily use, obviously. I wanted the larger motor in the AS10, however, and the AS11 uses the same motor as the AirMini, so when I saw stocks of AS10 Card to Cloud machines tightening, I ordered another one. I'll clean and store my current machine as a backup and will hopefully have a decade or more of use out of the two of them. It was an expensive way to get a backup blower motor, I guess.  Big Grin

My question is does anyone know if the AS10 I just ordered uses the same blower as my 6-year-old machine? China can put out some pretty high quality gear these days, it's not all crap like it was decades ago. Like handheld radios, for example. Is my new machine likely to be the 21,000 hour blower, or the 10,000 hour blower, does anyone know?

My current machine is old reliable, I hope the one I just ordered will last as long. Thanks in advance, if anyone knows.

Cheers,

John
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know, the AS10 cloud to ground is the same as the old machine without the modem chip.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2023, 10:38 AM)Dog Slobber Wrote: Is the ASV still displaying the motor life exceeded message?
Hi Dog Slobber

Well, Yeah! I can't get rid of the Motor Life message. But the motor is running great. I had taken that motor from my fairly new spare Airsense Autoset (146 run hours indicated) and put it in the Aircurve 10 ASV machine. I then bought a new aftermarket motor from China and installed it in my spare Autoset machine.

I ran the Autoset machine for a while to check out my job. It ran good also but now shows an accumulated run hours of 149 hours. That is three additional hours I tested with it but the old run hours were added to the new in the machines memory.

So, having seen a post suggesting that doing a factory reset might reset the Run Hours Clock, I decided to try that on the spare Autoset machine. I had hoped it would erase the stored Run hours but sadly, it did not. So, I guess I am stuck with the Motor Life Exceeded message. I have learned to live with it.

I guess the only way to clear it is thru a ResMed service facility who would have the special software and test facility to zero it out. $$$$ Oh-jeez

Incidentally, the aftermarket motor from China was not hard to replace with clear instructions from several sources on the net. Okay

Regards,

Ventura Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to Sleeprider, I didn't panic when I saw the "Motor Life Exceeded" today at 22, 109 hrs which is 6 years, 5 months, and 6 days after first use.
I am trying to get a ResMed AirSense AutoSet preferably made in Australia after 2018 with the AIR104G ID MODEM TAG.

Due to my investment in power cords and converters and a ResMed Pulse-Oximeter kit, I am forced into the S10.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got the "Motor Life Exceeded" warning on my Resmed AirCurve ASV machine. It's 6 yrs old and qualifies for a replacement under Medicare rules. Am I going to have to have a new sleep study in order to get a replacement? Does my doctor have to send a new prescription to the DME? The pressure settings on the existing machine work just perfectly for me. Thanks for any advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received the approval for a replacement machine. No sleep study, but a letter of necessity from my doctor with a statement I was benefiting from CPAP therapy and my pressure settings.

Just like the first time, I must demonstrate compliance for 30 days (at least. 4 hours of use for 21 days out of 30) and have a face to face meeting (telehealth) visit within day 31 to 90. My DME will get 13 rental payments from Medicare after which I will own the machine and be responsible for its service.

Hope this helps.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 30 9,927 38 minutes ago
Last Post: SuggieBear
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 318 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 862 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 584 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 211 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 473 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.