Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto
Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto
This morning my machine finally threw the Motor Life Exceed error at 21,903 hours.  I am mostly posting this to document when it occurred and have a backup and a replacement motor from Alibaba.  I don't plan to replace the motor until I have exhausted efforts for a replacement machine through insurance.  If you have an older Resmed 10 series, look for the motor exceeded message at about 21,900 hours.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto
Thanks.  I don't get a lot of sleep, so I did a quick calculation (without actually polling my machine) based on 6.5 hours /night and figure I'm near 11K hrs. Can I really expect to get another almost-five years out of my Elite?  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as the motor does not fail, you should not see the warning for a long time. The error is not based on actual motor condition but by hours. I think the chip that records run-hours is mounted on the motor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you provide the information needed to order a replacement motor (part number, name, etc) for your AirCurve 10 VAuto? I have the same machine, which has provided great therapy, and I expect that it will need repair/replacement in a couple of years. I worry that I'll be unable to get the necessary part when that happens and I doubt insurance will cover the cost of a bilevel machine for me. I'd like to have a replacement motor on hand for that day, just in case. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Knowing when the Motor Life Exceeded message is first displayed is very valuable.

Hopefully, others who experience it and know the run hours will also post.

Would be nice to know:

Is it the same between all models? (S9, Air10, AirSense, AirCurve)
Is it consistent for all identical models?
Does the message become a nag screen, display every session?
How many hours between repeat messages?
Does replacing the blower, reset the message?

At 8 hours a day, it will take about 7.5 years yo get the Motor Life Exceeded message. 

The Air10 line was introduced late 2014, so I expect we are going to see reports of this start to become quite common.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wonderful post.

FWIW I reached 22,100 with my ResMed S9E and replaced it. I never did get a shut down notice

A thought--I need to be more careful replacing the filter on my S10 *for her* machine. If a filter is left too long, once dirt blows through the filter it coats all the apparatus downstream, and I may end up breathing it.

Thinking about air quality and cleaning my machine, I had contemplated getting one of the CPAP cleaners; now that Respironics recalled their machines I won't do that.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Good news so far. I switch to Rotech for my DME and got a really helpful person that is rebuilding my files, ordering equipment and moving the ball again. I was cut-off from getting supplies by a RT at Dynamic Health Care who was concerned my sleep study was too old. The call from Rotech on Thursday this week suggests she is getting a complete order of supplies ready to go and is moving forward on a new Vauto to replace the old machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice, SR.  So, we can look forward to your usual chipper self being helpful for a while yet.  Too-funny

I contacted my DME/RT group and said it's coming up to the five-year-mark when my insurer will agree to replace what I have. They only needed an updated approval from my GP and an over-night pulse oximetry reading, and the rest is in hand.  I expect a new machine inside of a month.

I probably wouldn't feel pressed to replace my Elite so soon; it has run flawlessly since receiving it in February 2018.  But, my wife sleeps poorly and noisily, and I would like her to try my machine when I get the replacement.  If she can't abide it, I'll at least have a great fallback machine in case the new one caves for some reason.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, Did you order a blower motor from Aliexpress for your present machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a motor, but won't install until machine is replaced.

My frustration was with a DME provider that cut me off from receiving supplies that were 100% covered by insurance and prescribed by my doctor, but they were worried about reimbursement. The new DME is doing the work to get archived records to be sure my original test is okay rather than just saying to get a new test. There was never any reason to cut off my supplies when the insurer never raised a concern. A good DME is a really valuable ally, and a bad one is a pain in the ass.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 862 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 580 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 473 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,244 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.