Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth Taping
RE: Mouth Taping
(12-10-2019, 03:05 PM)DaveL Wrote: "I get by with a little help from my friends!"
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/With_a_Lit...My_Friends)

Everyone here helps so much.  My dog is concerned that I get up to pee in the night. She sits there. "She says, What's up? Can't we train you to sleep through the night?" Sounds like a conversation I had with her when she was a pup. But I'm not a pup anymore...Then getting back to sleep ain't no fun.

I'll be back to mouth taping tonight.  Assorted straps around my neck are causing me grief on the back of the neck. Mouth breathing.  Let's see. What else can I try? (no full face masks don't work for me. I'm claustrophobic.)

So this thread about mouthbreathing and taping is really helpful.

OSCAR
I’m glad it’s helping you! I should’ve receiving 6 rolls of nexcar sensitive skin tape today. Cheaper buying 6 at $5 something a roll instead of $7 or $10 at cvs. It’s the blue tape not the micro pore white tape. Although I am going to try that tape also because it’s a lot cheaper than the sensitive skin version I noticed. I also bought a Dr. Dakota anti snoring neck brace. I found one on Walmart’s site. Since my pressures are lower with pillows I’m going to see if that brace keeps my mouth closed enough to stop to many mouth leaks. It probably won’t stop mouth leaking but it should stop my chin tucking and keep osa completely at bay
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 03:14 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Beat the Apnea into submission however you're successful Dave. Best to ya sir. Are you planning on keeping the winter weather there this year? You don't need to share.

What winter weather?
We have green grass. Canadians aren't wearing coats. ;Wink No gloves.

It's -2 Cillsius degrees here. Beautiful weather.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Weather guy says we're getting snow this eve in south-central PA. Too warm to stay so it'll melt soon. I'll just stay in and enjoy it from my chair.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 04:47 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Weather guy says we're getting snow this eve in south-central PA. Too warm to stay so it'll melt soon. I'll just stay in and enjoy it from my chair.

We had 2 feet of snow on Monday and Tuesday this week in upstate NY! Thank god for snow blowers
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 06:05 PM)Osiris357 Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 04:47 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Weather guy says we're getting snow this eve in south-central PA. Too warm to stay so it'll melt soon. I'll just stay in and enjoy it from my chair.

We had 2 feet of snow on Monday and Tuesday this week in upstate NY! Thank god for snow blowers

About the only thing better is probably a flamethrower to melt it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 06:11 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 06:05 PM)Osiris357 Wrote:

About the only thing better is probably a flamethrower to melt it.
That much definitely lol....I meant last week not today. My days are all screwed up cause I worked all this past weekend
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I'll overlook your fake news report this time Smile next time you buy coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 07:51 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK I'll overlook your fake news report this time Smile next time you buy coffee

Okay Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Thanks mine was a little cold though
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I did tape my mouth last night. S9E says 0.4

I remember as a child I hated to pull band-aids off. My 3M tape wasn't too bad....the white stuff. Nexcare something? Hints here have helped. I turned both ends over so I had something there to grab. I survived yanking it off my lips...though I don't like it.

I worked for 3M for 15 years in London Ontario. They never made that tape there, far as I know. I did become allergic to the solvent based adhesive on magic mending tape. That was nasty stuff. (They swung over to water-based products; don't know what's in the white stuff I bought last time._
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 79 5 hours ago
Last Post: Narcil
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 10 1,348 Yesterday, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 3 165 04-21-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 12 932 04-19-2024, 06:40 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 136 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 672 03-29-2024, 12:18 PM
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 230 03-29-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.