Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth breathing
RE: Mouth breathing
Yes it does.  Thanks a bunch!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the great info.  Last night I tried the Xylomelt lozenge for first time and I think it will be helpful.  I'm looking for a cervical neck support now.  

Great website!
Post Reply Post Reply
I find that wearing it a little snugger than others suggests works better -- for me.  You don't want or need it to compress your neck though.

A rarely mentioned option is using an adult sized pacifier.  I don't think that would work with a full face mask.  I suspect that it triggers the tongue suck position in response.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lol! That is terrific! I've never even heard of an "adult sized pacifier". I've used a mouth-guard before; I guess a pacifier would be a similar concept.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had not heard of it either!  Apparently they have some uses in what I will refer to as adult games.  Take care in how far you Google that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looked for a collar this weekend, apparently Wally World doesn't stock them in the stores, but I did find one at Walgreens that is a "one size fits (most)"
Item 323862 W10403-0915-L

It's about $20.

Supposedly fits 11-20" necks.  It's a little tall, BUT it has a drawstring pull at the front that allows you to cinch the front down a couple of inches.

[Image: E8IawjW.jpg?3]
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck using the using the method's Bonjour listed. I personally tried most of those and was still unable to resolve my dry mouth. I use Xylimelts (tablets) and a 3M tape that is gentle on the lips. It is the only thing that has worked for me. I hope you are able to find a good solutions.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 3M tape is good.  I buy it 3 rolls at a time from Amazon.  One roll last quite a while. My main problem with it is that sneezing is very awkward and uncomfortable when taped up.  I also have to remember to kiss my wife goodnight before I apply the tape.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the collar pictured above. Works great for me.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Huge difference with the collar.
ZERO large leaks last night, and did not wake up with drymouth at all.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 427 8 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 84 10 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,192 Yesterday, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Jorgo
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 325 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 248 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,091 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 817 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.