Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth breathing vs AHI
RE: Mouth breathing vs AHI
(02-21-2021, 08:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: All I see is fixed pressure went from 10 to 9 and the difference is an increase in OA and decrease in hypopnea. Lots more of the variable breathing which is not a real thing.  In my opinion you did better at 10 and we are seeing more airway destabilization, but the differences are minor. Your leak rate is half with the new mask.

Thanks for the reply. Is the leak rate still too high? Could it be affected by the couple of times I took off the tube and went to the toilet?

Edit: just did a little reading. Looks like 24L per minute is acceptable. So yes. It is high. Hmmm. Might give another mask a go
Post Reply Post Reply
Give any mask a chance to work. Comparing your median and 95% leak rate your leaks are half of what they were previously. I actually don't see a large leak other than the break. With regard to therapy, I don't see an advantage of fixed pressure at 9 vs fixed pressure at 10.0. Event rate is very acceptable, so I'm not sure where you want to take this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2021, 08:58 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Give any mask a chance to work. Comparing your median and 95% leak rate your leaks are half of what they were previously.  I actually don't see a large leak other than the break.  With regard to therapy, I don't see an advantage of fixed pressure at 9 vs fixed pressure at 10.0.  Event rate is very acceptable, so I'm not sure where you want to take this.

Regarding pressure. I wanted to start a little lower, just Until I got used to the full face mask. It was freaking me out a bit. But I'll definitely crank it to 10

Thankyou for the response tho. Always appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2021, 08:58 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Event rate is very acceptable, so I'm not sure where you want to take this.

Just a bit of a novice at reading the graphs. I guess I just want to know if I'm heading in the right direction? I'll keep on eye on my daily readouts and see if there are any changes over the week.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,168 8 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 38 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 383 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 318 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 235 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 809 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.