Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Moving from Dreamstation CPAP to Resmed VPAP S/T] Need some help
RE: [Moving from Dreamstation CPAP to Resmed VPAP S/T] Need some help
Hello all!

Some news, everything is still okay but actually I have been feeling quite dizzy for the past 3 or 4 weeks, and I thought it was because I was still in the midst of setting up and being acclimated to the BiPAP.

However this is quite annoying because the lightheadedness and dizziness haven't gone away.

Do you guys know if this can be VPAP related or?

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

I am still feeling too much drowsy, lightheaded, dizzy, and since I don't know where it comes from, I suspect I may be come from the VPAP itself.

I am still running 10/4, since my AHI = 0.0 for the past 2 weeks in that conf, I will try 9/3 (PS6) and see if it improves the above.

Do you think that this may be due to a pressure that I can't handle?

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest you rerun the blood tests you reported previously.  There were several things flagged related to blood gas imbalances, and I would want to see if those are changed in any way that might offer a clue.  My recollection is you had some indicators of low CO2 which was unexpected.  If you are hypocapnic, then one solution other than changing settings is EERS. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ace_(EERS)
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, I will check again!

In the meantime, attached my oxymetry results with 9/3 (PS6). My AHI = 0 still, so can I stay with that pressures?

What do you think about my SpO2 results too?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would not like to see you reduce efficacy by changing your settings that seem to give you very good results, but acceptable SpO2.  As I recall from your blood results, you seemed to have Symptoms of hyperventilation with high arterial pH, PO2, base excess and oxygen.  Before commenting further, I'd like to see the direction of these following treatment with VPAP ST.  I am admittedly uncomfortable advising on any of this and would prefer you just check these issues with a professional. If there is any way we can help adjust the ventilator to achieve an objective expressed by your doctor,I'm glad to offer a suggestion. What I want to be sure of first is that these blood indicators of respiration have not moved further out of expected range.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8385]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all!

Some more findings on my end, I am now running 9/3 (PS6), and so far my AHI is still = 0. 

Conclusion:
- The - very few - leaks I've had totally disappeared
- I am less dizzy/lightheaded, even though still but it is bearable
- My O2 and pulse are still great!
- But the best findings is the following: the spontaneous trigger increased a lot! In 10/4 (PS6) the average was 80%. Now in 9/3 (PS6), the average is 94% !!

Attached the results.

Hope this will help some of you: don't be shy and lower the pressure as much as you can! While of course fixing your OSA and H :-)

Thibault

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Were you feeling dizzy and/or lightheaded before you starting using the bi-level s/t machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Matt, No, in CPAP I was not feeling dizzy.

But so much happened lately (spasmophilia etc) that I don't know if it is due to all these panic attacks/burn out or if it may be due to the BIPAP.

Today I feel better, maybe it is due to the fact that I have lowered the pressure to 9/3 ?

Or just maybe because it takes take to take over a big panic attack/spasmophilia attack?

It has been 6 weeks since then...

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 507 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 74 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,245 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 601 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 761 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,455 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.