Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Moving from Dreamstation CPAP to Resmed VPAP S/T] Need some help
RE: [Moving from Dreamstation CPAP to Resmed VPAP S/T] Need some help
The big question is why you would take perfection and change it? Tidal volume comes from pressure support which is the difference between IPAP and EPAP, so increasing EPAP and keeping PS the same makes no sense to me. 11/6 gave you great resultsand that was PS 5. If you want to try to increase ventilation further, the next step is 12/6. I see absolutely no reason to increase EPAP. My recommendation is to keep the original settings for at least another night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2018, 06:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The big question is why you would take perfection and change it?  Tidal volume comes from pressure support which is the difference between IPAP and EPAP, so increasing EPAP and keeping PS the same makes no sense to me.  11/6 gave you great resultsand that was PS 5.  If you want to try to increase ventilation further, the next step is 12/6.   I see absolutely no reason to increase EPAP.  My recommendation is to keep the original settings for at least another night.

Actually I made a typo during the first post, I was on 10/7 (PS3) throughout the whole night, which already gave great results. 
I was not on 10/6 (PS4), my bad.

Therefore, I am going to test 11/7 tonight (PS4) in order to get more tidal volume and keep it S mode only for now.

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok,

Yesterday I have been sleeping for 10h at one go (yes!) with 11/7 (PS4), but no great results at all: AHI 9...

1) I guess it is because I disabled the ST mode to enable S mode only and check. It seems I am doing a lot of Unclassified Apneas, which I guess are actually Central when I take a deeper look...
2) For the past 6 months, since I am using a CPAP, I found out I am doing a looooot of hypoventilations around 6:30am, this is still the case today as you can see with the Resmed Lumis. I even don't trigger the IPAP for 2min sometimes! Screenshot attached.
3) I will increase to 12/7 (PS5) for sure, since my tidal volume is 320ml right now. Will try to get 350ml.
4) What I would like to make sure is that there is no need to increase to 13/8 (PS5), since most of the apneas seem central. I have attached an example of UA, which I believe is a CA. All for the UAs are the same pattern.

Can you please confirm ?

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply
After checking in details, I must admit after 1 night of Resmed use that their algorithm ROCKS compared to PR one!

Yesterday, it detected 25 hypopneas, to which I must say 23 are real ones. The 2 others were central. Since I was on EPAP 7, I will move it up to EPAP 8.

And since my tidal volume was 320ml with a PS4, I will make it a PS5 tonight.  So tonight I will run 13/8.

I keep you posted guys ! If only I knew, I would have gone for Resmed AirSense 10 when I got diagnosed 6 months ago for only OA and H...

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on the titration protocol you are doing the right thing. We assume the UA are obstructive, and increase EPAP until they are at an acceptable level, then if hypopnea are still present, we add pressure support. I don't see any CA in this example, so the S-mode is okay for now. 320 mL for Vt looks very good for you! Glad to see you out of the mid-200s.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2018, 08:28 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Based on the titration protocol you are doing the right thing.  We assume the UA are obstructive, and increase EPAP until they are at an acceptable level, then if hypopnea are still present, we add pressure support.  I don't see any CA in this example, so the S-mode is okay for now.  320 mL for Vt looks very good for you!  Glad to see you out of the mid-200s.

Hello Sleeprider,

Yesterday night I was running 13/8 (PS5), my average tidal volume is now 340ml. 
However my AHI is 15, I don't understand anything anymore: 52 Hypopneas and 80 Unclassified Apneas.

Either the PR Dreamstation was telling me sh*t (My AHI was 2-6), or I have started to do a lot of central apneas since 2 weekends ago...

What do you think? What shall I do? 
I can see that this bloody Philips Dreamwear Gel Pillows mask has a lot of leaks, which Resmed mask shall I buy according to you? Airfit P10 ?

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply
How about dropping back to 11/6 on ST mode pressure where you had the best results?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8469]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2018, 08:58 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: How about dropping back to 11/6 pressure where you had the best results?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8469]

I was using ST mode, so I guess it does not represent the reality.

I would like to start all the settings in S mode, and once everything is completed, I will activate ST. Is this a good way of doing ?

PS: I am going to buy the AirFit P10 today, and will try it tonight. The Dreamwear is getting too noisy with that kind of pressure, and there are leaks.

Thibault
Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly...get back to it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2018, 09:31 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Exactly...get back to it.

Get back to? S or ST? Sorry I am a bit confused.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,460 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 126 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,500 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 658 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 261 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 845 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,644 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.