Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My AHI numbers are high (Sleepy Head)
RE: My AHI numbers are high (Sleepy Head)
mraroid, if you have any access to the settings by pressing the control knob and ramp button at the same time, then dialing to Settings, do what you can to reduce the pressure support. If you can switch modes to CPAP that would be better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider....

Well, I had forgotten about "PrintScreen". Thanks! I just imported my data from last night and saved images with printscreen. I have uploaded the images here:

http://imgur.com/a/la8ch

Should be a bit easier to read now that i am learning....

My control knob (the wheel) is broken. I took my 750P apart and sprayed some contact cleaner in the base of it it. But the board is shot and it will not work. So I can not toggle to set up and press the ramp button. Nothing happens. I took my 750P apart after reading the service manual. Here is a link to that post and photos:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-AUTO-750P

When my new unit arrives (4-5 weeks?) I will start with your settings.

I am still reading the sleepy head manual and trying to understand what I am looking at.

Thanks again for all the help.

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Of the whole  bunch, this is your best screenshot of the details.  If you click the triangle at the date line the calendar will be minimized. Also go to File/Prferences/Appearance, and unclick the pie chart on the right side.  That will allow the more important settings and information in that left pane be visible.  I'm pretty certain your problem with CA and H events is related to the pressure support (difference between IPAP and EPAP), and will be resolved once you are able to enter some settings.  You can try to input prescription settings with the SD card using Encore.  It would beat putting up with all those events.

[Image: k8msGwm.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Encore Basic, and tried putting a prescription in, and was allowed to save it. Then put the card back in to my machine. That night, the prescription change did not transfer to the machine. I don't know if I did it correctly.

It would be great if you could make the changes. But, if it doesn't work, it may not be due to your faulty machine.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had no idea I could change setting on my SD card and that would change the setting in my machine!!
I must go back to the providers service manual and read up on this!
What do you suggest I change?

I hear 'ya Quiescence at last.... It is worth a shot. I will see what happens

Back to that boring providers service manual today I guess....

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi...

I am in Encore Basic now.  I am having trouble figuring out the settings.

I clicked on EDIT in "Sleep Therapy Device Settings"  I see:

Mode- Auto BiLevel
Device- BiPAP Auto (Philips Respironics)
Mode Attribute - Bi- Flix
Serial number - none
Issue On - 7/27/17

the screen below:

MAX IPAP - 25
Min EPAP -5
Max Pressure Support - 5.0
Bi-Flix Settings -2

I have adjusted the few I can fugue out from your post below.
I am missing something.  Can you point me in the right direction?

Anyone?

This is what I am trying to do:

From your posted data, I see you are using your auto BiPAP in fixed mode with EPAP at 5 and IPAP at 11 (pressure support 6). This high pressure support is causing your central apnea. I suggest you change your settings to:
Mode Auto B
Min EPAP: 5.0
PS min 2.0
PS max 5.0
IPAP Max 14.0

I'm fairly certain in auto bipap mode your EPAP will average about 6.5 to 7.0 and your PS will only rise to between 3 and 4 cm. This will give you an effective range of pressures from 9.5/6.5 to 11/7.0 . It may vary from that range. With your PS at 6.0 currently, your CO2 is being washed out resulting in the apparent central apnea. You definitely need a lower PS. If you were to stay in fixed BiPAP S mode, I would suggest a setting of EPAP 6.5 and IPAP 10.0. Use the auto B mode and I think you will be surprised. 

My screen:

http://imgur.com/a/Ybk9o

Thanks!

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi...

I am in Encore Basic now.  I am having trouble figuring out the settings to change.

I clicked on EDIT in "Sleep Therapy Device Settings"  I see:

Mode- Auto BiLevel
Device- BiPAP Auto (Philips Respironics)
Mode Attribute - Bi- Flix
Serial number - none
Issue On - 7/27/17

the screen below:

MAX IPAP - 25
Min EPAP -5
Max Pressure Support - 5.0
Bi-Flix Settings -2

I have adjusted the few I can fugue out from your post below.
I am missing something.  Can you point me in the right direction?

Anyone?

This is what I am trying to do:

From your posted data, I see you are using your auto BiPAP in fixed mode with EPAP at 5 and IPAP at 11 (pressure support 6). This high pressure support is causing your central apnea. I suggest you change your settings to:
Mode Auto B
PS min 2.0
PS max 5.0
IPAP Max 14.0

I'm fairly certain in auto bipap mode your EPAP will average about 6.5 to 7.0 and your PS will only rise to between 3 and 4 cm. This will give you an effective range of pressures from 9.5/6.5 to 11/7.0 . It may vary from that range. With your PS at 6.0 currently, your CO2 is being washed out resulting in the apparent central apnea. You definitely need a lower PS. If you were to stay in fixed BiPAP S mode, I would suggest a setting of EPAP 6.5 and IPAP 10.0. Use the auto B mode and I think you will be surprised. 

Thanks!

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Once EncoreBasic is running, you must have a patient profile. Complete that first and import your BiPAP Data by clicking on the patinet profile and Download From Device.
By default the program wants to download from D: drive. You can click on the EXPO button and it should find the inserted SD card in any drive. Select the P-Series directory then click on the DOWNLOAD from D. You must assign this card to a patient, you can then download the data.
Check the option the card is to be returned to the same patient, do not check the erase card after successful download. Finally Exit the Download when it completes.

On the main screen you should see your data under the HISTORY tab.
Next to HISTORY is PRESCRIPTION...
Next to Sleep Therapy, click NEW.
MODE: Autobilevel
DEVICE: BiPAP Auto (System One 60 Series) (it's okay you have a 50 series)
MODE Attribute: NONE (with centrals I would rather you not use Biflex)
Serial Number: You can view the SD card in File Manager. Go to P-Series. The machine data is under the serial number that looks something like P068379528E85 You can open the file PROPERTIES.TXT and you will see all the information about your machine starting with Serial number. Copy the serial number from the txt file and paste it in the prescription. You can now complete the prescription

Max IPAP: 14
Max Pressure support: 4.0
Min Pressure support: 2.0
BiFlex setting OFF
BiFlx Lock OFF
Auto OFF ON
Auto ON ON
View Options Screens: ON
RAMP (your choice, but I suggest OFF)
Ramp time
Ramp Start Pressure:
Mask Alert: OFF

You can also set the humidifier:

Once you are done, hit save. The SD card should write the prescription to the machine.

Give this a try and lets see where we end up
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your post.  I will try that now.  I do have some good news!

After playing with the settings of my SD card, I moved it out of Encore Basic, and put it back into my machine.  I plugged my unit in and I got a pop up message on my screen.  It said:

"SD card inserted.  Prescription accepted"

Yea!  Then the screen said:

5.0e cmH20

In the past it said:

11e cmH20

So it while my wheel is broken, it appears that my 'ol  PR System One AUTO 750
will let me change settings via the SD card.

I will try your settings now and report back.  Maybe tonight I will have a good nights sleep!

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow!  It worked.....

I was able to set up my card exactly as you outlined. 

I am running EncoreBasic V. 2.4.8.0 

Under device setting, I did not find :

BiFlex setting
BiFlx Lock

But I found all the other settings. 

I took the SD card and inserted it into my machine and plugged in the power (that is how I have to "turn on" this broken machine).  It said "SD card inserted.  Prescription accepted".

I did a quick mask check.  It seemed like the blowing of air to me was stronger and when I exhaled, I felt a bit more resistance.  This will take some getting use to.  But I am so excited about trying to sleep tonight.

I leaned how to edit my Sleepy Head files and hope to post a clear and good copy tomorrow. 

I moved my SD card back into EncoreBasic just to make sure all my additions were correct and they are (but for the two missing BiFlex fields).

I think I will go to bed early tonight and see what happens.

Thanks so much!

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 13 414 10 hours ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 199 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 348 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 301 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 208 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 112 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.