Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My AHI numbers are high (Sleepy Head)
RE: My AHI numbers are high (Sleepy Head)
Well, we left your EPAP alone, but reduced the IPAP pressure support a lot. So you're not feeling the contrast, even though EPAP pressure is the same. If it becomes an issue, we can turn on BiFlex which will give you more transition between inhale and exhale. What I want to avoid is really excessive pressure changes between inhale and exhale. It will be interesting to see your results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
and I would say we often advise that Auto On = On, and that Auto Off = Off.  not interested in having the machine decide when you don't need it, and then switch off when you didn't want it to.  and that has happened.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hummm. Somehow I was unable to record my data from last night. I tried a test for about 30 minutes laying in bed. I seemed to tolerate it just fine.

Later on in the evening I put the mask on and went to sleep last night, but my sleepy head data only shows about 30 minutes of sleep. I think it just looked at my test nap earlier in the day.

I probably fat fingered something last night before going to bed. I am sure the card was inserted correctly (well, I think I am sure). But I must have done something wrong. I was sleepy when I went to bed last night. I guess I will have to wait until tonight to gather some data.

I have posted what I did collect here:

http://imgur.com/a/aE6Zq

My images are better but can be improved. Still reading the manual and organizing my data. Finally was able to remove the calendar... Still working on posting very clear data.

My first (incorrect) write to the card produced a large amount of air blowing into my mask and a bit of a restriction when I exhaled. But after putting in the settings the *correct way*, I found the mask to be just fine last night. If anything, I felt less air blowing into me.

The one problem I did find last night is that once or twice I woke up and realized I was breathing from my mouth - well, at least exhaling from my mouth. I found that to be the case in the morning. I do not believe that was the case before my settings change.

I slept well last night. I don't know what I did to loose my data, but will try again tonight.

Thanks everyone.

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2017, 12:40 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: and I would say we often advise that Auto On = On, and that Auto Off = Off.  not interested in having the machine decide when you don't need it, and then switch off when you didn't want it to.  and that has happened.

QAL

Vey good point Quiescence.  I will be reading more about my settings today.  Thanks! Thanks

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2017, 05:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: What I want to avoid is really excessive pressure changes between inhale and exhale.   It will be interesting to see your results.

With out any data to back this up, I would say (subjectivity) that I feel a lot less difference between inhaling and exhaling. I do not feel the blowing of air very strong at all when I inhale.  And when I exhale, I feel a slight resistance, but not enough to bother me.

I might say something else completely different in a week, but that is my feelings from last night. 

I am so *&^$% that I lost my sleep data from last night.  I will try to hit the sack early tonight and gather some good data.

The capital of Ecuador is Quito.  It is about a 2.5 to 3 hour drive from where I live.  I found out from friends that they have a sleep lab in Quito.  But to tell you the truth, I would much rather tweak my machine from data from sleepy head and EncoreBasic then let a lab tech screw with my machine.  As I get up to speed, I can read my own data better and make minor adjustments.  A friend of a friend has a cpap unit.  It is a "dumb" unit with no SD card in it. No thanks!   Because I have sleep apnea, I need to learn this stuff myself. 

I hope to post some good data tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the help.

mraroid
Ibarra Ecuador
Post Reply Post Reply
At the bottom of this chart in the left pane is Session Information. There is a bar showing the hours and minutes of each session.  If there is more than one session, both bars must be highlighted to show up in the graph to the right.  Take a look and see if a second session is present.  I suspect nothing was recorded because the summary statistics only show 29 minutes.  How do you feel compared to other nights?

I'll just add that everything in the statistics is perfect, and your IPAP increased to 7.9 which shows the variable PS briefly raised PS by 0.9 during this session.

[Image: Qvy1Ypr.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see the Session Information area.  I can only find one bar - and it is the one for about 29 minutes.  Maybe I put my SD card in upside down before I went to sleep. Can't believe I would do that, but I was sleepy.  I will collect data tonight.

I would say that today I feel very well.  Quite well in fact.  I don't have the coffee craving to keep my eyes open.  I sure feel good.

I am looking forward to a good sleep and test tonight. 

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
I clocked in just a little over 8 hours of sleep last night.  My AHI numbers went from over 16, to 3.10!!!  I am a happy camper. Thanks everyone for helping me!

I have posted my data from Sleepy Head here:

http://imgur.com/a/L1VOB

I feel good today!  It has been a while.  I am trying to work in more time to read the literature so I can do some additional tweaking.

Around the end of August, my friend will arrive in Ecuador with my new Dreamstation Auto BiPAP DSX700T11.  I have the software providers set up manual.  I need to learn how to move my setting to this new machine when it arrives.

But what I want now is to learn how to read the data produced in the numbers and graphs in Sleepy Head.  Back to the Sleep Head FAQ for me.

I can't wait until i go to sleep tonight so I can gather more data.

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks decent, but I don't think your flow sensors are reliable given the extensive BND (breathing not detected) and very low tidal volume over extended time. That may not be real. Once you have the new machine I expect we can sort things out. Adding 1-cm to EPAP may be useful to reduce the hypopnea and OA. No changes to pressure support.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
it does look like the AHI is low only because there are so many gaps in reading, since the period between 5:30 and 7:00 shows an even distribution with average about 10 per hour, and there are a ton of pressure pulses reading average of 38 per hour, but also probably underscored, suspect this was at least 200 per hour in the areas where there in prevailing low flow rates being "measured", so the machine is trying to decide why you are not breathing (even though you were) at least every 4th breath.  the numbers seem so strange that it might be you'll have to discount them completely.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 13 426 Today, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 200 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 355 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 301 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 212 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 113 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 141 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.