Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My AHI out of control
RE: My AHI out of control
Hi everyone,

Well my numbers are again going up. My doctor has made an adjustment and I have been using my collar (probable knowing me the wrong one. I just read the wiki. Yes I will get the right one this time. Wink ). Will the collar work with serve OSA? I do seem to go longer between episodes. Here is two chart done a 5 days apart.

Thanks again

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=23053]
Back up to double numbers. It is driving me nuts. I called my doctor and he looked at my latest chart. He thinks it is time for a new sleep study and possibly change to a Bi-pap ASV. Here is my chart from last night

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
19 May shows that you are tucking your chin. You need the collar.
You could try to reduce your PS WAY down to manage your Centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply
Besides the pandemic, has anything changed in your life? Have you gained weight? Are you stressed? Medication changes?
There are clusters of events. It could be sleep position or REM. Since it looks like every ninety minutes, I'm thinking REM.

I imagine some folks here might make suggestions for pressure changes, but since I don't have a BiPap, I'm sure others suggestions will be more fruitful.

I hope you get some resolution to your AHI soon!

Chris
[Image: dreamdiver-signature-gif.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2020, 02:14 PM)DreamDiver Wrote: Besides the pandemic, has anything changed in your life? Have you gained weight? Are you stressed? Medication changes?
There are clusters of events. It could be sleep position or REM. Since it looks like every ninety minutes, I'm thinking REM.

I imagine some folks here might make suggestions for pressure changes, but since I don't have a BiPap, I'm sure others suggestions will be more fruitful.

I hope you get some resolution to your AHI soon!

Chris

I have gain about five pounds. No new changes in my meds. I am sleeping more still at home. The collar did bring it down slightly for two nights and then right back up to double numbers. I do get tired around late afternoon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2020, 12:06 PM)Muddpa Wrote: ThanksFor the reply, Will look for the collar, I'm getting this sleeping on my back and side. Would it help if I sleep with no pillow?

For all you know you may not be on your side.... all night. I made the mistake of sewing a pocket in the middle of my back with a (partial) tennis ball to not have a sharp punch from the ball when rolling over, didn't work. Woke up on my back, AHI went up and felt like crap for two days. Tried a pocket t shirt on backwards with a dog toy tennis ball, they are half the size and don't bulge the pocket. The ball at this position.. only allows you to slightly roll before the ball nudges you not to roll over. Occasionally I roll over completely due to it hurts my shoulder to lay too long on one side. Also I use two pillows, one between my thighs and one I cradle in front of my chest to lean on. And a pillow that is high enough to keep your head from tilting downward. I stole a living room pillow and stuffed in the sleeve of my bed pillow, just right for height and comfort, a little stiff but ain't bad. Tucking your chin...? A collar will do it,  but I find if on your side with your head level I don't tuck my chin. For the last three days my AHI is stable at 5-6. I'll see by tomorrow if this consistent position helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, just tired. Heard back from my doctor. He order Mr a DreamStation bipap asv and a Res med F30 full face mask. Yes the wife said still turning in my sleep on my back. Tried the ball in the shirt,  didn't  work. All this started about 6 months ago.  I will let you know 9ne way or another.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try and get a Resmed ASV rather than the Dreamstation as they are fully automatic and generally provide better numbers you may need to get your Dr to explicitly ask for the Resmed Aircurve ASV and no substitutesd on your prescription
Post Reply Post Reply
The ASV should eliminate your CA events, and make getting good sleep much easier. It can take a few days to get used to the adaptive pressure support, but most people that need ASV, really like it. When you're ready to start, let's take a look at the settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 108 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 967 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 247 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP Does Not Control Small Chokes Buitlear 27 1,918 12-03-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Buitlear
  IMPORTANCE OF SLEEP CONTROL srlevine1 2 434 07-18-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  cant control mouth leak sfgiants123 7 1,035 05-23-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  humidity control-summer vs winter cberistain 7 906 08-05-2022, 02:48 PM
Last Post: djont57

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.