Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 11 Shut off vs Auto Start/Stop
Question 
ResMed 11 Shut off vs Auto Start/Stop
The Oscar charts on my nearly-new ResMed 11 unit, seem to show some data recorded during times I am not using the unit. It is set to auto start and stop which works well, but I wonder if I need to actually switch the unit off when I am not using it. Also, can I set the times to 24-hour? With no AM or PM, it can be troublesome to sort out if I am looking at evening, next day AM, etc.
I can  prepare and send in some data, but maybe it is just a mistake on my part.
Thanks. Greg Schultz
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 11 Shut off vs Auto Start/Stop
I think there are two questions here.

1) Setting the time on the AS11 is not possible; you can only set the offset (in hours) from GMT. And once it's set, if you want to change it, you must erase the internally stored data. Of course it's backed up in OSCAR.

2) The time format of OSCAR's displays is set by the operating system's selected format. My Linux systems are set to 24 hour display, and OSCAR shows everything with 24 hour time. 

I'm not sure if OSCAR can tell the QT platform to override the system format. If there is a way to set it and forget it at startup, it might be feasible, but there must be a million place where we do time conversion to print string, and finding them all would be a chore.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,465 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,536 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 390 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,276 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 538 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.