Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My DME inferred Apnea Board Forum as basement scammers and OSCAR as corrupt
RE: My DME inferred Apnea Board Forum as basement scammers and OSCAR as corrupt
(01-09-2020, 07:45 PM)car54 Wrote: CPAPuserdave,

It is Aurora at Home. Their sleep lap is 4131 Loomis Road and another building on 110th and National

yeah, that's where I went (Loomis Rd) to get machine. luckily doctor prescribed ResMed Airsense 10 so that's what I left with.

went there twice. a few phone calls. not impressed. no help at all. never been back

then discovered apnea board. rest is history
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2020, 05:44 PM)car54 Wrote: Do you have a link about Resmed and the apnea forum? I would really like to show the DME it. She was very obstinate about using help besides a professional .

I doubt it would help. Sometimes these employees have been "trained" and will believe that training regardless of what you say.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m sorry, I just searched here for the post that talked about it and I can’t find it.  I’ll keep looking for you and I’ll look outside the board, for instance on the ResMed site.

As to mentioning this, it has met with interest from all the professionals I have mentioned it to.  I’ll talk about OSCAR and all kinds of information from here and they don’t appear to be very interested.  When I mention that ResMed recommended Apneaboard.com as a resource they always seem more interested.

Certainly couldn’t hurt.

(I mentioned this to my husband and he has now been more receptive to your advice to me).

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in full agreement with you need a hard copy of the script. You'll probably need to fire the DME with Ripoff Randi as point girl.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here’s the post about Resmed mentioning Apnoeaboard

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ed-mention

And the Resmed URL

https://www.resmed.com/us/en/blog/improv...f8e6f6b632

We are a respected user forum not a bunch of scammers
Post Reply Post Reply
jaswilliams,

Thanks for the link. If i get a chance I will give it to her. It probably won't make any difference.
It is very disturbing that if you take an active interest in your treatment you are considered a difficult patient.
I couldn't even have a real conversation with this woman because she was right, no need to discuss anything else.

Even my doctor, who is also treating me for lung conditions, has really never shown interest in the charts that I show him. I,m sure all he does is look at the numbers. In fact, since I started seeing him about 4 years ago I never have seen him smile. 

O well, life moves on. I'll make the best out of this situation and learn from it.

Thanks all for your comments and for the apnea board.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you jaswilliams for finding the post and link!

DEFINITELY NOT SCAMMERS.

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am going to give this letter along with this article from Resmed to the person that I dealt with. I doubt that it will make any difference. I will stop using this DME as soon as I am able too.

After our discussion yesterday I did some research. I found this article from the Resmed site that actually endorses the site that I go to and has an active link to it. So I am not getting advice from a “basement scammer” and the data that I see on the Oscar program is the same data that is downloaded into Rescan. It is not “corrupted”. I take an active interest in my therapy.  When I started the therapy I was not getting proper help from the medical profession. All they looked at were the numbers and said I was doing well. My treatment wasn’t going well. I was having many problems. Without the Apnea Board I could have been one of the patients that failed which to me is a failure of the medical system. Just because someone scores under 5 doesn’t mean that the treatment is adequate. I am a patient, which is a person, not an “under 5” The medical industry should serve the patient and respect them, not the other way around.
Post Reply Post Reply
That mention in a blog post is a long, long way from a recommendation, endorsement, or or even a suggestion of credibility.  

It is a brief, eight paragraph piece on getting used to therapy.  What they say is that a lot of people have problems getting up to speed using their machine.  They point to the forums to support the assertion that people post a lot of questions, not that there is good advice here.  

"Wondering how to get used to a CPAP machine? You’re not alone. Browse almost any online forum dedicated to sleep apnea or CPAP – from . . . to ApneaBoard.com – and you’ll see that one of the major recurring themes is people asking how to get used to a CPAP machine."

All that says WRT this forum (and every other CPAP/apnea board out there) is that a lot of people post a lot of questions.  It says nothing about its viability as a credible resource.  To use that as an "endorsement" from ResMed is a stretch, or more likely an outright lie.  And it sinks the point you're trying to make.

It would be like saying a lot of people get drunk at Joe's Bar - not that Joe's Bar is a good bar; that it serves top shelf product; that it has friendly, knowledgeable staff, or even that it has clean bathrooms.

Don't take these comments to mean I don't think this is a good resource.  There's a lot of good information (but still marginal information) here.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
point taken
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 619 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 273 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,341 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 499 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can respiratory effort be inferred from OSCAR data? alienfrontier 1 229 02-02-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea: Help Analysing OSCAR and advises C3POap 4 326 01-14-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.