Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My DME says they're starting to charge a $10 (US) fee per package for shipping
RE: My DME says they're starting to charge a $10 (US) fee per package for shipping
Thanks. No. The valve is set separating two pieces of tubing for a non-vented mask. Additional  tubing is used for nonvented masks, and they call it "dead space." It's a hard plastic valve. I just don't know if it harbors germs/bacteria.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My DME says they're starting to charge a $10 (US) fee per package for shipping
Why are you concerned that it would harbor germs and bacteria any more than any other component of your system?. It is primarily exposed to the room air you normally breath so there should be no source of pathogens. There are bacteria in your room air but most bacteria are not harmful.

That doesn't mean it should be completely ignored. Does it look clean? Can it be removed and washed occasionally? If so it should not be a problem.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! Yes, it looks clean.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 672 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Seeing large number of clear airway events after starting new medication PapaColin 5 323 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  heart palpitations starting CPAP: temporary? acordeon 4 630 12-14-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: acordeon
  [Equipment] unusual high pressure when starting treatment klbklb7 9 720 11-21-2023, 12:41 AM
Last Post: klbklb7
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 4 475 11-20-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Increased Anxiety/Irritability after Starting CPAP? gohoos1998 0 401 11-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [CPAP] Starting Bleep (Dreamports) and need help! Kathy14225 11 1,767 10-30-2023, 03:57 PM
Last Post: GaspForAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.