Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My First Night Therapy Data
My First Night Therapy Data
Hi all,

I am a first time CPAP user and this is my first night therapy data.

I am using Android apps "3B Luna QR" to retrieve this data from my BMC RESmart GII Auto CPAP.

Expert here please help me to interpret and comment my data in the screenshot below.

Thanks.

[Image: AAn8Map.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My First Night Therapy Data
Congratulations on beginning treatment for you apnea! You are doing your health a big favor. It's good to see that even on your very first night you were able to use the machine for over 7 hours.

The data you've provided are quite limited. Are there more data to which you have access? Ideally you would be able to use the Oscar software, but your machine isn't supported, unfortunately. Still, any additional data would be great.

What you can see is that your AHI (apnea/hypopnea index) is 3.8, which means you averaged around 4 events per hour. This is under the diagnostic cut-off of 5.0, though a little higher than I hope it will be as your therapy continues.

Of those events, some were central apneas, meaning that your stopped breathing even though your airway was not obstructed. Your average of centrals per hour was 1.4. It is quite possible these occurred while you were partially awake; while people are awake they often stop breathing for 10 seconds or more. It is also possible that the centrals reflect a little disruption in the neuro-chemistry that regulates your breathing. This is common when people start using CPAP, and it generally goes away on its own.

Did you have a sleep study? Do you know what your AHI was during the study, and how frequently you had obstructive apneas, central apneas, and hypopneas?
Post Reply Post Reply
P.S. I forgot to ask two of the most important questions: How did you feel you slept, and how rested did you feel during the day?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2020, 09:02 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Congratulations on beginning treatment for you apnea!  You are doing your health a big favor.  It's good to see that even on your very first night you were able to use the machine for over 7 hours.

The data you've provided are quite limited.  Are there more data to which you have access?  Ideally you would be able to use the Oscar software, but your machine isn't supported, unfortunately.  Still, any additional data would be great.

What you can see is that your AHI (apnea/hypopnea index) is 3.8, which means you averaged around 4 events per hour.  This is under the diagnostic cut-off of 5.0, though a little higher than I hope it will be as your therapy continues.

Of those events, some were central apneas, meaning that your stopped breathing even though your airway was not obstructed.  Your average of centrals per hour was 1.4.  It is quite possible these occurred while you were partially awake; while people are awake they often stop breathing for 10 seconds or more.  It is also possible that the centrals reflect a little disruption in the neuro-chemistry that regulates your breathing.  This is common when people start using CPAP, and it generally goes away on its own.

Did you have a sleep study?  Do you know what your AHI was during the study, and how frequently you had obstructive apneas, central apneas, and hypopneas?

(01-02-2020, 09:10 PM)Dormeo Wrote: P.S.  I forgot to ask two of the most important questions:  How did you feel you slept, and how rested did you feel during the day?

Hi Dormeo,

I did not have any sleep study before and this is my first AHI / CAI reading I got.

My first night experience was quite good for me because I got excited and eager to undergo this therapy. But I remember that I woke up twice during this first night therapy.

The first one I woke up to pee around 1am (Im not sure if I can improve this and be better in times) and at one moment I woke up around 3am, the face mask was off my face and it was in my hand so I quickly put it back on. I am not sure how did that happen though.

Overall, I think I had a good sleep and hopefully it will improve and be better for the coming days.

I also felt refreshed in the morning with a yawn and also feel not so sleepy or fatigue in between 9-11am in the office.

Please suggest if anything I can do to improve my therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
That all sounds positive. What experiences led you to try CPAP? It’d help to know more about your situation, since we won’t have much in the way of data to go on.

It’s common to take the mask off while asleep, especially while getting used to everything. You might try setting up the machine so you can use it during the day while reading or watching TV, just to help you get used to it.

And some people do find that they don’t need to get up to pee at night once they are benefiting from CPAP. Here’s some information about that: https://www.sleepapnea.org/learn/sleep-a...eep-apnea/

Let us know how your second night goes and what your numbers are.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2020, 10:43 PM)Dormeo Wrote: That all sounds positive. What experiences led you to try CPAP?  It’d help to know more about your situation, since we won’t have much in the way of data to go on.

It’s common to take the mask off while asleep, especially while getting used to everything. You might try setting up the machine so you can use it during the day while reading or watching TV, just to help you get used to it.

And some people do find that they don’t need to get up to pee at night once they are benefiting from CPAP. Here’s some information about that:  https://www.sleepapnea.org/learn/sleep-a...eep-apnea/

Let us know how your second night goes and what your numbers are.

I always had dry mouth and throat waking up in the morning and also one serious issue that is bed wetting.

So i Google for the cause of these problems  and lead me to sleep apnea.

I never went to any doctor but just self diagnosed. I always have fatigue in the daytime, my weight is gaining and feel restless.

So one night, I asked my to video record of me sleeping and matched it back, I can see myself snoring with shallow breathing and sometime the breathing stop fpr 20 to 30 sec before i gagged back for some air.

Thats when I decided to do CPAP therapy. Hopefully it will give me more strength and energy from a good quality sleep to have a better health.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 156 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,342 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.