Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
RE: My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
I'm doing fine but I have a question, All of a sudden I had 5 Hypopnea show up.  When I put my mouse on them they do not have a () showing anything and if I put my mouse on the same one in the O2 graph they show up as (0).  That is true with all 5, does that mean they were less than a second, and if it was less than a second would they be flow limits?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed's do not have a time associated with hypopneas.   SleepyHead software was arbitrarily assigning a time to them which was incorrect.  The OSCAR development team found this anomaly and corrected it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2020, 10:02 AM)staceyburke Wrote: I'm doing fine but I have a question, All of a sudden I had 5 Hypopnea show up.  When I put my mouse on them they do not have a () showing anything and if I put my mouse on the same one in the O2 graph they show up as (0).  That is true with all 5, does that mean they were less than a second, and if it was less than a second would they be flow limits?

ResMed doesn't report duration for hypopneas, so we don't show (0) on the event or flow graph.  The fact that you saw one on the O2 graph just means there's another place we didn't know about where we need to remove the (0). (I wonder how many other graphs have a separate piece of code to display event duration instead of it all being in one place????) We'll take care of them.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I had some weird breathing episodes, woke up several times...  Here is one of them and the other is normal breathing. large oxygen drop - lowest of the night.  anything to be concerned about?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO that is close enough that it warrants a close watch and a deeper investigation. I assume, trying to make a fool out of me, that you have other low periods, expecting MOST of your night to be low because this is what you presented. This is what happens when you don't provide the whole night for context.

If the rest of the night is mid 90's you just have a watch it close.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think including mask pressure and minute vent charts instead of pressure and flow limit would be more helpful, and I agree a full night in addition to the zoom provides context. There is nothing your current machine can do with this because it only responds to spontaneous respiratory effort. If this was a common occurrence then a bilevel with backup might be appropriate. In your case ST-A which targets vent and respiratory rate, however as far as I know, these are pretty rare in your therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry I did not put in the whole night, I just saw this part was concerned.  I hope these are what you wanted if not net me know.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's interesting there is no drop in minute vent in spite of the odd breathing pattern here. The respiration rate for the minute shown is normal at 18 bpm, so the only strong correlation is the usual suspect, a large leak.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thank you Sleeprider, as always you are a large help. Good to know it is not something big.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed on the leak aspect. If you look at the chart, you can see at 05:30 and again at 06:30 specifically but probably other instances too, there's activity both on leak and Sp02 that mirror one another. I'm referring to chart 1 in your post #187.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 932 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,511 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.