Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
RE: Newbe First time using BiPAP Auto mode
If it helps, I think the Daily tab then to Events tab within gives the Time slider to get 2 Min. easily.

An example:

[attachment=24062]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Thank you, I have set it to 4 and I will give you the pictures again, enlarged.

(06-25-2020, 03:12 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: If it helps, I think the Daily tab then to Events tab within gives the Time slider to get 2 Min. easily.

An example:

Thank you Dave, it is much easier when you do that!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
No change in advise from the improved images.  If you want to I want to be sure you understand what this flow rate chart means. I'll interpret the second one starting at 04:31:10, which is a fairly normal breath form.  At 04:31:20 there is a misshapen peak on inspiration flow. It starts to rise, then quickly flow rate drops due to airway restriction or obstruction.  This reduction in flow occurs in spite of increasing physical effort to inhale, causing the inhale time to become longer. there is another smaller
breath then we see the flow limitation flag on a failed inspiration that would have been an OA if it lasted 10 seconds.  The breath after the FL is severely flow limited and is followed by a number of less severely flow limited breaths.  These are important because of the respiratory effort that causes arousal and actually lowers the volume of respired air.  Pressure support should be helping to reduce this effort and normalizing flow.  With a Resmed bilevel we can see a mask pressure chart that shows how pressure changes on a breath by breath basis.  I'll add an image that shows the mask pressure on a Resmed Autoset CPAP so you have an idea of how pressure support gets behind inspiration to prevent flow limitation.  This example is just the CPAP and works just like the Aircurve bilevel, and in this case is providing a full 3-cm of PS which is out-performing your Philips Dreamstation BiPAP set to PS 3.5 to 5.0.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=24064]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4258]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last nights.  CA is down but a lot of flow limitations.  Also the pressure was at the max for a long time, with what I guess is mouth breathing...  What are the gray areas, one at the start of the night 16 other times?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night again my flow rate has a number of grayed out places in the flow rate, what are they?  The pressure shows that I am at max pressure for 3 periods of time, do I need to raise that?  Over all how does this look?

2 pictures, one the whole night the 2nd is one of the gray parts.
Post Reply Post Reply
close up showing a CA
Post Reply Post Reply
The Philips Respironics machines show variable breathing with a pink or gray shaded area. This is not an event but a variation in flow rate that oscillates but does not qualify as periodic breathing or CSR. Philips uses the variable breathing signal in its auto CPAP and BiPAP algorithms to increase, decrease or maintain pressure, dependent on the antecedent condition when VB is detected. Under the heading of TMI, I actually wrote a wiki on this topic http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Breathing

This event may or may not be useful to you since there is little you can do about it. You can turn off the Variable Breathing in the OSCAR preferences if you'd rather not see it. Otherwise, it suggests somewhat unstable breathing, and is a pretty good indicator of approaching the apneic threshold if central apnea are an issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was not a great night, woke up and could not go back to sleep from about 3:15 to 5.  My question is looking at the pressure graph there are a lot of times my pressure is at max.  Should it be raised?  2nd. question, does the leak rate still show mouth breathing?  I don't think I am but my mouth is very dry, to point of my mouth sticking to my teeth when I wake up.  This happens 4 to 6 times a night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your maximum IPAP pressure is about 17 and the settings allow 18. Increasing the max pressure is not a problem because in theory the machine only increases pressure as high as is needed to maintain the PS difference between IPAP and EPAP. There is nothing to suggest EPAP needs to be at 11.0 and I see a potential need to try PS min at 4.5. I think it might help to get a look at the advanced view (View/Reset Graphs/Advanced), which would let us see how your tidal volume and minute vent are responding to pressure.

I'd like to try:
EPAP min 10.0
PS min 4.5
PS max 5.5
Max pressure 18.0

I still don't think you will bounce off the max pressure allowed but the increase in PS may help with the tidal volume. I'm trying to move pressure down to a more comfortable range and have not seen any OA that suggests the need for the current pressure of 11.0. The increase in PS min should continue to help with residual flow limitation, which remains a prominent feature in your charts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night, still very high continuing pressure at Max.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,365 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 312 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 861 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 573 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 932 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.