Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
RE: My Journey from BiPAP Auto to Aircurve 10 Vauto
I can see that the O2 and tidal volume are almost the same.  But is there anyway to increase the tidal volume?  Numbers are great and I feel a little tired all day but not nearly as much.  So I guess I am asking if there is anything to worry about with the tidal being so low?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a low TV as well.  I tried the Positive End-Expiratory Pressure (PEEP) concept and had very good results.  It consists of increasing your EPAP pressure until you get within a TV value you desire.  There are limits to this, but you can worry about that later.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The best conventional opportunity for gaining increased tidal volume and minute vent lies in pulmonary recruitment as described by Red as PEEP. I believe we tried this earlier in your therapy by increasing EPAP min, but we ended up with lower SpO2, in part due to the way your oxygen bleed was configured at that time. Another approach we talked about was EERS incorporating both oxygen and CO2 enrichment. This should have the combination of higher FiO2 and enough rebreathing of expired air to stimulate respiratory drive.

I’m on the phone and will get back to this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am trying to raise my tidal volume up.  I have raised my Epap for 2 days and will continue to raise it.  Now at 10.2 tonight 10.8.  How should I share the information?  Only the tidal Volume or the left column or all of the night report?  Or any other combination?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you can just track pressure, median respiration rate, tidal volume and minute vent in a table and see if anything moves.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
After several nights of raising my low number, trying to increase my Tidal Volume these are my numbers.  Any suggestions - do I keep raising the bottom number- started at 9.4 now at 11.2
Post Reply Post Reply
All my number are still very good.  I would like to ask a question and maybe sleeprider will add to my knowledge.  I have always had problems with leaks.  I have tried about every thing to stop them (mouth guard, taping).  My O2 goes down when I have leaks and that is a concern for me.  I recently cut back on my min pressure.  I have had 9.4 from the beginning using the VAUTO.  I reduced it to 7.4 and my leaks have gone down.  I have put on this post different nights.  The top ones are at 7.4 the bottom ONE is at 9.4.  The only explanation I can come up with is at the higher pressure it was forcing air through my mouth and at 7.4 it does not have enough pressure to do this.  Could this help others that have nasal pillows to reduce their leaks also?
Post Reply Post Reply
First, your respiration volumes and SpO2 all dropped with higher pressure and PS. I would get back to what worked best. Leaks are your worst enemy for maintaining good oxygen saturation. I don’t have any suggestions for reducing them other than what we have already discussed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
As you can see my numbers are great.  But I have not been sleeping well and the amount of sleep is not as much as I had been.   This was my longest night of sleep in a week.  Most times I am up around 5 and have about 6 hours of sleep.  I was looking at my breathing and I don't know if this is just turning over in bed or if it is something else.  Could one you please take a look and give me some advice.  If you need other graphs let me know.  Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
The disruptions in flow rate appear to be arousals. There is nothing there we can really do to improve on AHI 0.00 or your respiratory stats. The oxygen desaturations are all related to leaks as the oxygen bleed becomes highly diluted during leaks. I wish I had a magic bullet for everyone that seems to have optimized therapy, but don't feel as good as they think they should. I don't and can only suggest if there is an answer, it lies in health solutions outside of the PAP therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] TiredButNotCranky's CPAP journey TiredButNotCranky 6 142 5 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 989 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 152 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 691 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 0 75 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 151 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.