Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Mask (mis)adventures to date
RE: My Mask (mis)adventures to date
Hi Zim,

great to hear about the excellent progress! Funny how little touches like straps positioning can do so much, for better or worse...

Thanks for sharing the experience and please keep us posted!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gzimmer

Just keep trying, Laugh-a-lot there are many designs of masks amongst the different manufacturers.
I tried a P10 -- too much mouth breathing.
then a F20 - didnt fit my face shape.
I settled n a F+P simplus FF  mask and that seems to be working.
My Sleep Clinician helped me select masks  I appreciated her advice and experience.

So all the best , it is very much a personal journey.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  Beamrider and wesozzzz,

Unfortunately my nearest sleep technician is many hours drive away.

But I am looking forward to visiting them eventually.

...........Zim
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  Beamrider and wesozzzz,

Unfortunately my nearest sleep technician is many hours drive away.
But I am looking forward to visiting them eventually.

I'll have a look at the F&P Simplus FFM

...........Zim
Post Reply Post Reply
Kudos to you for persevering in the pursuit of a mask that works for you!

I've tried all of those masks, except the Bleep.

I agree with you about the F30.  The holes are too tiny for my nose, and VERY easily become displaced to then block my nose.  Not a good experience. 

The P10 worked great for me, for about a year.  (I think it stopped working for me because I never cleaned it.) The way I was able to get it to stay on my face all night was to split the 2 headgear straps, and treat it like a headband - one going along the hairline at the top of my head, and one going along the hairline at the bottom of my head.

The F20 (memory foam) is what I've been using successfully lately.  My nose is too big for it (it wants to squeeze it closed if it sits too far down), so I keep the tip of it up near my eyes.  If I size up, then it leaks.  (In most other masks I wear a Large, but in this mask I wear a Small. Perhaps I can conclude that I have a small face but a big nose.)

I agree with you about how quickly the memory foam detiorates on the F20. For me, it is cost prohibitive when I'm paying out-of-pocket; but no problem if insurance is paying for it.

Have you considered the Wisp? It is one of the very few silicone masks I've tried that don't fart on me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,170 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 424 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 228 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Airsense 10 Autoset- I messed up the date OldFatMan 3 394 12-26-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Help interpreting Oscar date from first night Keicereal 2 347 12-04-2023, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Keicereal
  [Equipment] Time/Date Setting MoneyPit1946 9 657 10-07-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.