Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Mother did an In-Lab sleep study last week.
My Mother did an In-Lab sleep study last week.
They are telling her that her results won't be available for multiple weeks, so I'm on the phone now to find out why, as the data should be available immediately correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Mother did an In-Lab sleep study last week.
It was the same for me. The sleep center wanted to make a follow-up appointment with me to go over the results with the PA, so I had to wait a week or so. Multiple weeks is a bit long to wait though, you might consider calling to see if you can get her in sooner. It's also worth asking if there is a telehealth slot available, since more than likely they will just be discussing the results and going over treatment options.
Post Reply Post Reply
Although the data is immediately available, the lead technician will generally check the data and prepare a report for the physician. A certified sleep doctor normally signs of on reports and may add his own notes. It is typical that results are not available until the report is prepared, approved and either referred to the treating physician or scheduled for follow-up with the sleep doctor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, the truth is that they want to check all the data and make sure the diagnosis is correct. In addition, they manually score some breathing events, so they have to go through the data. Add on top of that the tech's notes, physician's notes, etc. You could ask for a raw readout of the data and get it tallied elsewhere immediately, perhaps.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2023, 11:06 PM)CPAPfriend Wrote: Yeah, the truth is that they want to check all the data and make sure the diagnosis is correct. In addition, they manually score some breathing events, so they have to go through the data. Add on top of that the tech's notes, physician's notes, etc. You could ask for a raw readout of the data and get it tallied elsewhere immediately, perhaps.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.  I would like to see the readout too, they are really backup and I couldn't even reach a person at the clinic, I've had to leave VMs the last two days.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User 1 week, still high AHis, thoughts? JacksonMahoney 4 80 6 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Central sleep apnea - titration study didn't work blossom 1 82 Yesterday, 11:55 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New here - Post Sleep Study Question Tenley 2 696 08-29-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  One week into treatment, any tips? lendenti 3 147 08-28-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: lendenti
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 152 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 87 9,074 08-17-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  New to CPAP, sleep Study had me at 90 events an hour jcpose 2 175 08-15-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: jcpose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.