Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Oscar report
My Oscar report
This is all new to me. Can you look at this and tell if I have central apnea? The gal at the sleep study place told me I do but she sent the study report to the Dr. To be honest, I trust you all more than I do the sleep study place. Please let me know if you need a different snapshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Oscar report
Using your Philips System One Auto CPAP at a pressure of 10 to 20 cm with A-Flex 2, you have some of the lowest event rates I have seen. Central apnea averages about 0.02 or perhaps 1-event per night. That is not suggestive of central apnea, at least with the CPAP therapy. You should be able to request copies of your test reports for your personal records, and you're in fact entitled to those pursuant to HIPAA. The best source will be to request the copy from your doctor's office.

Excellent results! We prefer to see the Daily Details chart rather than the overview or statistics. See the Organize Your Oscar Charts wiki link in my signature. Your System One 60 Series Auto CPAP is quite old and was discontinued in 2015 (6-years ago). If this was offered to you as a new machine you should complain.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much. You don't know how much of a relief this is about "central" I was questioning this sleep lab from the start. They kept on telling me to ONLY see their Dr. *red flag* to me. This is a shot of my daily from last night. I see that it's so different though every night. This is my very old machine that Ive been on for years. That is the reason I'm having all these new tests- need a new machine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to post that my Sleep Doc looked over my reports and just like you said my report is not that bad. It seems that I have no events when I sleep on my side. I do have events though when I sleep on my back. The best part is-- I'm getting a new machine! Thank you so much for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope you have asked for a ResMed autoset. The Phillips just are not as good for therapy and whatever you get you will be stuck with the at least 5 years.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty sure that is what I'll be getting. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 169 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 203 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 174 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,448 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,396 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 479 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.