Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My VAUTO went insane yesterday
My VAUTO went insane yesterday
I settled in last night as usual, strapped in and took a deep breath to auto-start the system.  Normally it takes a few breaths to get to the working 17/21 bi-level pressure.  I use the time to tweak the seal and make sure nothing's leaking to start the night.  

For some reason last night the machine decided to blow like crazy, like the mask fit test but much more pressure.  The Dreamwear headgear and the nasal cushion were fully inflated.  It didn't relieve any pressure on the exhale like it was supposed to.  I turned it off and back on several times, but every time it kept blowing like a tire inflator.  I finally unplugged it, waited a few seconds, then plugged it back in, after which it settled back into the normal routine and worked perfectly.  

Is it normal for these systems to require the occasional hard reboot or is this an indicator of issues to come?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My VAUTO went insane yesterday
I have never experienced that. I know the pressure can seem very high if the mask seal is not in place. You should be able to observe the pressure on the display when the machine is running. If this happens again, take note of the display.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That happened to me once, on one of the first nights of use. It was supposed to be on Ramp, but the screen showed it at 14. I was using a Swift FX at the time. It has not happened since.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the responses.  SleepRider, the pressure showed 21 on my display at the time but it was much higher than that.  In the IT world we call those "phase of the moon" problems - they show up sporadically then go away when you reboot.  Hopefully it stays away.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is interesting that you thought the pressure higher than the number displayed. This is what I thought of mine too. My daughter was standing right beside me as it was happening (she's been on a bilevel for a few months now), else I'd think my perception was skewed by being so new to xpap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 967 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 139 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 141 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,340 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
  ResMed VAuto single beep at times? k888 4 143 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: k888
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 217 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 10 1,331 04-02-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: baolitoumu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.