Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My new machine feels different despite same model and settings.
My new machine feels different despite same model and settings.
During the final 4 days of my trial period with a loaner machine, I felt I was getting somewhere; AHIs below 5 and leaks largely controlled having moved to a FF mask. So I bought my own machine. Same make & model as the loaner, and set up the same; a Resmed Airsense 10 with F20 mask. OK, one difference - the new mask has the memory foam seal whereas the loaner was silicon, and I AM finding that the new mask does not seal as effectively and is bothering me a little with the need for adjustments.

But I feel that the new machine is delivering 'more' air at me. Guess this could be possible given that the loaner may have been a few years old and well used. Still can anyone see any changes in my charts? Or suggest changes?

Old machine

[Image: aamfibVh.jpg]

[Image: jzSxrQKh.jpg]

New machine: 

[Image: TA08MqHh.jpg]

[Image: dVIH04Ch.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My new machine feels different despite same model and settings.
It is puzzling, the only difference I see is in a humidity setting. The pressures and EPR are the same, and the machine response is not noticeably different except that the old machine 95% pressure did not exceed 11.5 cm and the new one seems to be routinely over 12. Since events are mostly central near the peak pressure, I think it might be worth limiting the maximum pressure to 11.6-12.0 and see if that improves results and comfort. I think 11.6 is worth a try for maximum pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Mate - I did notice that my 95% levels had gone up but didn't know how to intepret that - has my demand for air increased or is the machine delivering more ('more' being 'higher pressure')... or is the supply responding to the demand?

I'll tweak max P down as suggested.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your pressure is responding to flow limitations, but the resulting events are CA, so maybe the higher pressure is disrupting your sleep. Doesn't look like anything to worry about, but the point is to sleep well. Good luck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Nathan

After looking at so many 95% readings I've decided that they are too close to the max to really give a good idea of what's happening most of the night. I've gone into the SH settings and have a 90% reading instead. I wonder if this might give you a better perspective.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - the 90% reading is only slightly lower at 11.4

But in other news, while fiddling around this morning I found a different procedure for putting on my mask that results in a better seal.

Last night I had less than 4 hours before abandoning the mask due to annoying leaks. If I can get them under control I think I'll have a  stable base from which to make machine adjustments.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,433 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 149 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 289 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
  what model is this? airwaystent 8 428 02-05-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 311 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Suddenly air feels too dry.. outasleep 2 315 01-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 337 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.