Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My nostrils keep changing sizes...
My nostrils keep changing sizes...
I have a P10. After a few days of trial and error, I had the pillow size dialed in as well as pillow manipulation that yielded zero leakage. It would pretty much stay there all night.

Hells bells! I’m back to square one! It’s leaky and it pops out. Yes, I did battle with P10 pillows all night. Grog...

Is this for real? No rest for the weary? My nostrils changed size? Did yours?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My nostrils keep changing sizes...
Hiya

My pillows fitting at Resmed, London resulted in going home with 3 sizes - XS, S and M.

I have used all of them, mainly when I have been really busy(also read lazy) and have not cleaned the S which I normally use and thus have to resort to the XS and M.

Have not had any problem with XS and S. The M is rather bothersome as I am too aware of it before I fall asleep but after that - not at all. 

Have read of others being concerned about their nostrils changing shape etc but I can't say I have noticed any changes in mine. Usually I have to drag myself around the house to get ready for work in the morning and perhaps do not find time..........
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After three years, my nostrils look the same. Believe me, if I felt that they changed or enlarged, I would change masks. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am only 1+ week into this. I have slept through a night with all 3 sizes, XS, S, M. The S was the comfiest. But it was kinda large last night. I almost got up to switch it out for the XS. Just when I think I’ve got one thing sorted out, so I can focus on other stuff....

I suppose a nose could get a little inflamed in the nostril area...
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using some kind of emollient? I found that it helps. I started on the S, then went to XS but found I had to change back up to S. Been ok the last 4 nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2017, 06:38 PM)Doza Wrote: Are you using some kind of emollient?  I found that it helps.  I started on the S, then went to XS but found I had to change back up to S. Been ok the last 4 nights.

Thanks, Doza. I am using eau de lamb (aka lanolin). I guess I'll just try a different pillow size tonight. Sigh....

Hey, have you ever in a fit of absentmindedness, popped that thing in your mouth?  Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Baahaahahaa   no, but for my nap yesterday I inadvertently put it on upside down.  And yes, there is a difference LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2017, 07:24 PM)Doza Wrote: Baahaahahaa   no, but for my nap yesterday I inadvertently put it on upside down.  And yes, there is a difference LOL

Dielaughing

I've done that, too. I couldn't figure out how my nose had changed shape while on a bathroom break.....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Impact of Resmed P10 on Nostrils ivan007 1 74 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 400 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 274 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Surprised Apap- changing settings Swsch2985 2 402 01-06-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Enlargement of Nostrils by Nasal Pillows? OpineCone 64 24,021 12-21-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.