Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation
My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation
I use the Resmed P10 nasal pillows and I've struggled because I was getting irritation in the edges of my nostrils.  I know it happens for others too.  I tried the recommended lanolin balm but, though it felt good, it seemed to just disappear on my skin quickly.  

I tried Dr. Bronner's organic Magic Balm (unscented) and - it really works.  I keep it next to my machine and just apply some round the edges - yay for absolutely no smell - and I've been unscabby and un-irritated for a week now!  

It's a little thing but it feels good to get a handle on it and hope it's useful information for someone else with the same issue.  

Best, 

Bean

https://www.drbronner.com/products/unsce...magic-balm
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation
Great timing on this post - I just came here today to ask about this. I'm new to this (like just over a week new) and the pillows were great the first few nights but then non-pain irritation began. So I switched to the cushion for two nights to give those irritated spots some rest, but it doesn't seem to stay in place as well as the pillows. So I tried switching back and within 5 minutes I felt mild pain / discomfort, so I had to stick with the cushion. Didn't sleep great because it kept moving slightly out of place.

Does the balm have any petroleum in it? I can't read the details on the website. I know it says organic but petroleum could be considered organic. I just want to make sure it's not going to degrade the silicone. How long have you been using it?

My tech recommended the REM ZZZs, but they seem expensive. Have you tried those? 

I really want to get back to the pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil,*† Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil,* Cera Alba (Beeswax),* Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil,*† Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil,*† Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil,* Tocopherol *CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS †CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS

So glad this might be of some use. Check that you are wearing the correct size. Don’t ovee-tighten the straps. 

Bean 
Post Reply Post Reply
Any thoughts on how the Dr Bronners may help with contact sores from full-face masks? I get them under my nose from my Evora and F30 full-face masks. Usually I just have to stop using them and switch to nasal pillows until it clears up, which creates other issues with therapy so if there is an alternative I would be interested in your thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Suggestion for better feelings? erolalper 5 158 04-18-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Skin Irritation from Masks Granny7 19 2,815 04-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 1,038 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 298 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 5,248 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 341 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 542 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.