Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

N30i leakage
RE: N30i leakage
I've used the N20 for years. I've had a bunch of them.

About a year ago I tried a few other masks. F&P Evora Full.  ResMed N30i, and P30i.  The last two....i modified the head gear. The Philips Respironics Dreamwear has a better strap behind-the-head. It's lower, and that suits me better. I've bought them a few times from amazon in Canada. They were about 30 Cdn$.  

The first time I tried the N30i I put it on when I was 1/2 asleep. Middle of the night after getting up, I came back to bed.  I didn't adjust it. Just put it on. My AHI was 43!  That was my score when I was first diagnosed many years ago.  I laughed at myself. It was a Free Sleep Study! (Earlier that night I had used my Evora Full full face mask, put on over my Knightsbridge Dual Band cap.  Took it all off on the way to my washroom.  I was so tired, I put the N30i on. It had arrived that day.)

Yes.  In my hands that night the N30i leaked so badly, I might as well have not used my machine! 

I've been able to wear it since.  I find the P30i hurts my nostrils. I can wear it too, but don't like the experience.

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: N30i leakage
I too would like to find a source for the original (and better for me) cushions for my AirFit N30i mask.  The new cushions are too soft and squishy to stay in place (I'm a side sleeper - pressure range 7-9).  From the increasing scarcity, it appears that ResMed is no longer offering them.  I've gone back to a Dreamwear mask while figuring out what to do next as I can't get leak rates down for decent therapy with my favorite N30i mask now crippled with these new 'quiet' cushions.  Argghh.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 257 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 342 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,540 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 340 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 422 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Why do I need to get my flow limitation and leakage down? Kathy14225 12 1,428 09-30-2023, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.