Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

N30i vs Dreamwear nasal ?
N30i vs Dreamwear nasal ?
So I use the Dreamwear nasal and I’m a side sleeper. But!  I fight the leaks and want to try something different.

I like the hose attached up top so I started looking at the resmed N30i which is similar to the Dreamwear nasal.

My question is, has anyone tried both of these ?  Did you find the N30i a little better as far as side sleeping goes.  or any other suggestions as far as nasal mask to look at?    

I don’t want to go full face.  

I also used the pillows with the Dreamwear and found them pretty uncomfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: N30i vs Dreamwear nasal ?
I tried the Dreamwear at a DME fitting, but couldn’t stop the leaks.

Some do complain that part of the N30i cushion is hard plastic. I didn’t have much trouble with side sleeping in it. Moving around did sometimes cause temporary leaks.

My wife uses a P30i and loves it. I did for a while, but my Roman nose really needs an Extra Large, and they only go up to Large.

I just recently got a Padacheek Barrel Cozy for the P30i, and that has put it back on top. The Barrel Cozy pushes the cushion out just slightly, which lines up better with the center of my nostrils. It also supports the pillows just a bit. I’ve found this to be leak-free and stable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2020, 03:03 PM)Nightynite Wrote: So I use the Dreamwear nasal and I’m a side sleeper. But!  I fight the leaks and want to try something different.

I like the hose attached up top so I started looking at the resmed N30i which is similar to the Dreamwear nasal.

My question is, has anyone tried both of these ?  Did you find the N30i a little better as far as side sleeping goes.  or any other suggestions as far as nasal mask to look at?    

There are quite a few reviews and comments... http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...30i+review

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Product-Review-ResMed-AirFit-N30i-Review-Comparison-with-DreamWear
and here is my review -- mentioning both masks.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried both, and I think the N30i is worse for side sleeping, because the cushion has hard plastic.

Have you tried the new "Headgear with Arms" for your Dreamwear? I find that keeps the cushion more stable.

But leaks can be caused by a variety of things, including improper fit/sizing.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that I am using the Dreamwear With Arms headgear with the Resmed P30i mask. It fits perfectly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2020, 10:29 PM)srlevine1 Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 03:03 PM)Nightynite Wrote: So I use the Dreamwear nasal and I’m a side sleeper. But!  I fight the leaks and want to try something different.

There are quite a few reviews and comments... http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...30i+review

[/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Product-Review-ResMed-AirFit-N30i-Review-Comparison-with-DreamWear?highlight=mask]http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Product-Review-ResMed-AirFit-N30i-Review-Comparison-with-DreamWear
and here is my review -- mentioning both masks.

Great review! Thank you so much
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2020, 07:28 AM)ragtopcircus Wrote: Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that I am using the Dreamwear With Arms headgear with the Resmed P30i mask. It fits perfectly.

It fits well and I have the arms,I think I just roll over to much and knock the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
NightyNite,

If you like the nasal cradle, you could consider the ResMed N30...same cushion type as the N30i. I’ve used the N30, N30i, DreamWear and a bunch of others. I think a mask with hose attachment at nose would be better for side sleeping. The N30 is very lightweight. I would recommend a hose hanger if you were to change to one that attaches at the nose.

Also, the DreamWear nasal pillows were awful in terms of comfort but I do just fine with the P10 nasal pillows. 

I am actually using the P10 currently, with a hose hanger. I can sleep on my back or side just fine with the P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
P30i is the same thing EXCEPT the P30i has pillows cushion. I went from a cradle to pillows to stop mask leak and it works great.  I also use the “arms” headgear which ended my second problem I had with the headgear slipping up and contributing to the leaks.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
P30i is the same thing EXCEPT the P30i has pillows cushion. I went from a cradle to pillows to stop mask leak and it works great.  I also use the “arms” headgear which ended my second problem I had with the headgear slipping up and contributing to the leaks.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 295 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 346 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,545 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 866 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.