Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEED HELP INTERPRETING OSCAR DATA
RE: NEED HELP INTERPRETING OSCAR DATA
Tuesday June 15th screenshots

Wednesday June 16 screenshots

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
THURSDAY JUNE 17TH

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2021, 11:00 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Joey - What are the AS10's run hours?  If they are less than 1000 hours, then it's a good price.  Basically use a rule-of-thumb of 365.25 days(for leap year) times 8 hours usage per day equals, 2922 hours per year of use.

i honestly don't know Nape I did not ask but I surely will!!

So basically if this thing is new and never used its a great price.

Used for four months (about 1000 hours) then its a good price.

But anything after six months or more then it isn't a good price.

What about the machine itself? Is this a good machine? is it an upgrade from the DreamStation?

Does it provide the options I need for my specific situation?

Thank you!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure it IS the Autoset and not the Elite or CPAP model. The AS10 Autoset is the "cat's meow" of CPAPs. It should provide you with better therapy than your DS1.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only looked at the screenshot in post #42 so I might not be aware of the whole situation, but based on that chart I'd start incrementally raising min pressure to reduce obstructive apnea & hypopnea, snores, flow limitations & rera.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
I too think you should raise the min pressure to 7.5 and incrementally thereafter if the results aren't satisfactory.

I believe you're using Flex A. If you're able to try Flex C, I'm curious if that would better treat your high hypopnea index and flow limits, keeping the flex level at 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2021, 11:28 PM)notam2 Wrote: I too think you should raise the min pressure to 7.5 and incrementally thereafter if the results aren't satisfactory.

I believe you're using Flex A.  If you're able to try Flex C, I'm curious if that would better treat your high hypopnea index and flow limits, keeping the flex level at 2.

How could changing to Flex C influence hypopnea and flow limits?
I mean I could try myself as I have similar problem
Post Reply Post Reply
Back in post #10, I suggested you move minimum pressure to 7, but after looking at some of your recent charts, I can't see anything less than a minimum of 8 or 9 for you.  

You definitely need to be at 8-9 minimum to help with Obstructives.  

I honestly don't know if CFlex would make a difference with Hypopnea and FL.  I'm curious about that too.  Try it, nothing is permanent, you can always change it.

• C-Flex – Provides pressure relief upon exhalation.
• A-Flex/C-Flex+ – Provides pressure relief taking place at the end of inhalation and at the start of exhalation.

It's going to be a balancing act with the DS1.  The only way you can go is with a higher minimum pressure.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have read that Flex C is supposed to be similar to ResMed's EPR.  I'm not a PR user so I don't have any first hand knowledge, but if what I read was true its worth a shot for a night to see if it makes a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2021, 11:13 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Make sure it IS the Autoset and not the Elite or CPAP model.   The AS10 Autoset is the "cat's meow" of CPAPs.  It should provide you with better therapy than your DS1.

Will do. Thank you for this insight!!

(06-20-2021, 07:40 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Back in post #10, I suggested you move minimum pressure to 7, but after looking at some of your recent charts, I can't see anything less than a minimum of 8 or 9 for you.  

You definitely need to be at 8-9 minimum to help with Obstructives.  

I honestly don't know if CFlex would make a difference with Hypopnea and FL.  I'm curious about that too.  Try it, nothing is permanent, you can always change it.

• C-Flex – Provides pressure relief upon exhalation.
• A-Flex/C-Flex+ – Provides pressure relief taking place at the end of inhalation and at the start of exhalation.

It's going to be a balancing act with the DS1.  The only way you can go is with a higher minimum pressure.

I went to 7.5 last night and had a very similar night to the nights prior at 6.5. I am moving to 8.5 tonight and we will see how that works.

Thank you so much!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 0 5 7 minutes ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 55 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 70 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 148 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.