Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEW PHILLIPS SOFTWARE FOR HOME USE
RE: NEW PHILLIPS SOFTWARE FOR HOME USE
Hi Fried and Steve,

Fried, your posts as to the benefits and limitations of the Sleepmaster software are excellent. Thanks for that. Steve, it's important for all of us to realize that sometimes the biggest car in the garage is not the one that serves a given driver the best. So it's a good thing that you have found Sleepmaster and that it is helping you to succeed in managing your apnea.

As to which is better, Sleepmaster, Sleepyhead, Resmed's Rescan? It really stacks up to which one better serves the individual user (I will not call us "patients"). I like Sleepyhead. Others like Rescan. Some like Sleepmaster. The only thing that is important is that the user finds whatever software, forums, DME's, angry relatives, or whatever it takes to be successful.

If one tool doesn't work for you, find another.

Good job Steve.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2015, 10:44 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Hi Fried and Steve,

Fried, your posts as to the benefits and limitations of the Sleepmaster software are excellent. Thanks for that. Steve, it's important for all of us to realize that sometimes the biggest car in the garage is not the one that serves a given driver the best. So it's a good thing that you have found Sleepmaster and that it is helping you to succeed in managing your apnea.

As to which is better, Sleepmaster, Sleepyhead, Resmed's Rescan? It really stacks up to which one better serves the individual user (I will not call us "patients"). I like Sleepyhead. Others like Rescan. Some like Sleepmaster. The only thing that is important is that the user finds whatever software, forums, DME's, angry relatives, or whatever it takes to be successful.

If one tool doesn't work for you, find another.

Good job Steve.

Thank you R-guy; I have found that the best served and happiest user is such as my neighbor who uses it every night, all night. He picked up his mask & machine from the hospital-medical plan provider, puts it on at bed time and and that's all he cares about. He is computer challenged (his wife handles the email), and knows little more than how to turn on the machine.

While I am not that far to the end of the spectrum (I am retired from an IT company), the choices of this software field are overwhelming and the complexities of the reported results have a substantial learning curve which I am not interested in climbing. While SMapper provides more than the comments here might realize, the point is as you mention, plotting hrs, mask, and AHI are all I am interested in. Thanks again.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2015, 09:36 AM)archangle Wrote:
(03-27-2015, 05:23 PM)afriedma Wrote: Lastly, you can buy a Bluetooth module that snaps onto the back of your unit (in place of the cellular modem, you can't have both) that will send the data directly to your iOS or Android mobile device.

The data delivered by the bluetooth modem is just as limited as the data delivered via wireless. I forget the exact details, but it's something like compliance hours and some limited nightly averages.

(03-28-2015, 12:25 AM)sleepysteve Wrote: OK, I installed Sleepyhead and transfered data to it. What am I supposed to do with it? - I have no intentions of devoting my days to fumbling in a field that needs to be guided by the professionals and paid non the less.

The value of transfer of data to my cell phone's indecipherable screen really escapes me.

Two successive M.D.s have provided no guidance other than collecting their Medicare billings. Likewise DME Apria is great on delivering hardware that I select and order.

The benefit however is that I can now, finally, stay awake through the day and drive safely, that's the original goal as I see it. Therapy Regimen? - WHAT Regimen; WHAT therapy other than surviving another night?

The problem is that 75% of the doctors, if not more, only check whether you're using the CPAP machines enough to get insurance to pay, and ignore the data that's collected. Most of the remaining doctors simply look at the nightly AHI numbers.

Unfortunately, if you want your CPAP therapy to be managed right, you need something like SleepyHead and you will have to manage it yourself. You can try going to your doctor, but they're mostly performing assembly line medicine and will simply tell you to tough it out.

Thank you arch, your description again details exactly my eperience that I referred to, (your home run #2) and I wish I could have worded it as such.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 82 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,910 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 201 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,323 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 864 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.