Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

flow limits, periodic breathing and unflagged events
RE: flow limits, periodic breathing and unflagged events
That's what they look like to me as well but keep in mind these are my "best" nights. Usually, the calm periods are of shorter and more varying duration. I'm pretty sure something is waking me and preventing deep sleep. I just don't know if its breathing related or something else.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: flow limits, periodic breathing and unflagged events
(09-06-2020, 05:40 PM)alembica Wrote: I'm pretty sure something is waking me and preventing deep sleep. I just don't know if its breathing related or something else.

That's the million dollar question, isn't it?  The data from the machine are probably not going to give you a definitive answer.  Still, I'll ask how the flow limitations are with your current settings.  Maybe post a recent chart?

Also, something you do know and can try to work on:  sleep "hygiene" guidelines.  I'd be interested how two weeks of 8 hours per night would feel to you, and you might also review the additional guidelines below.  I have to confess I thought they were for other people, not for me, but I have been impressed how much this stuff actually helped me.

• Keep a consistent sleep schedule. Get up at the same time every day, even on weekends or during vacations.
  • Set a bedtime that is early enough for you to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
  • Don’t go to bed unless you are sleepy. 
  • If you don’t fall asleep after 20 minutes, get out of bed. 
  • Establish a relaxing bedtime routine. 
  • Use your bed only for sleep and sex. 
  • Make your bedroom quiet and relaxing. Keep the room at a comfortable, cool temperature. 
  • Limit exposure to bright light in the evenings.
  • Turn off electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
  • Don’t eat a large meal before bedtime. If you are hungry at night, eat a light, healthy snack. 
  • Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet. 
  • Avoid consuming caffeine in the late afternoon or evening. 
  • Avoid consuming alcohol before bedtime. 
  • Reduce your fluid intake before bedtime.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 7 226 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 0 20 1 hour ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,117 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 351 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 305 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.