Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEWBIE : Newly Diagnosed 39YO Male with an AHI of 74.1
Wink 
NEWBIE : Newly Diagnosed 39YO Male with an AHI of 74.1
Hi everyone! I'm a 39 year old male here in the Philippines. Just got diagnosed with an AHI of 74.1 early this month. Based off my sleep lab my oxygen saturation was hitting a low of 84.1% and my heart was hitting 140 bpm but thankfully no arrhythmias  Coffee

Now armed with this I had my shortlist of the following machines which I'm sure any would have been great;

1) ResMed Mini
2) ResMed Airsense 10
3) Philips Dreamstation
4) Philips Dreamstation Go

I eventually went with the ResMed Airsense because I read the algorithm was better with the ResMed and I wanted to be able to use any mask as compared to the mini plus I wanted real water in my humidifier.

Another plus was that the website I was looking at did a 20% off for Father's day! So I'm very excited to get my machine which I'm having shipped to the Philippines. Got my machine with mask for roughly $700 and would you believe they sell the same machine here for Php 85,000 or roughly $1,600! That's almost A whole grand more! crazy!

Just don't like that I can't connect the myAir here in the Philippines but found that I can just use a Toshiba Wifi SD Card here to get my data into sleepyhead. But would have been great to have something directly on my phone.

For the mask I bought the following;
1) ResMed F30 full facemask (came bundled with my unit)
2) Dreamwear Nasal Cushion
3) Dreamwear Nasal gel pillow (just the pillow since it is interchangeable)

I'm a mouth breather with a deviated septum in my nose, hense the F30. But would want to be able to transition into a smaller mask later. Plus they sell the Dreamwear Nasal Cushion mask for $230! Thank God they accept my prescription and sleeplab results there in the US!

Looking forward to starting my CPAP journey! Getting my unit on the 1st week of July!  Dancing
Take control of your machine
pick your weapon (ResScan/ OSCAR)
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEWBIE : Newly Diagnosed 39YO Male with an AHI of 74.1
Congrats, you really dodged a bullet there with the Airmini.
On a side note, if your machine ever stops working you just need to get a new blower motor. new ones are $250 if you can find them, at a dme for example or maybe even the store you purchased from.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2019, 04:24 AM)crowtor Wrote: Congrats, you really dodged a bullet there with the Airmini.
On a side note, if your machine ever stops working you just need to get a new blower motor. new ones are $250 if you can find them, at a dme for example or maybe even the store you purchased from.

The website I got it from said that the warranty is 2 years. But that's good to know that is the only thing that usually breaks. The local rep of ResMed said that they will charge me a service fee of around $50 and charges also $50 for yearly maintenance and cleaning.

By the way what does DME mean?
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
DME is an abbreviation for durable medical equipment - it refers to either the equipment itself or the people from whom you buy it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I personally wouldn't bother with the maintenance and cleaning contract. These machines are very reliable and the only maintenance they need is to change the filter and regular cleaning of the humidifier tank, hose and mask. You can do all that yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on your upcoming CPAP journey! Please let us know how it goes once you get your machine.

Two little suggestions: before you try using it at night, try using it during the day while you do something you enjoy, like reading or watching television. And try watching some YouTube videos on mask fitting for the kind of mask you’ll be using.

Best wishes for restful sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed the pressure range in your profile is 4-14. Most users feel starved for air at 4. I suggest you change them minimum pressure to at least 6. If you don't know how to access the pressure settings look here: https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info Once you have started using it post some OSCAR data in the forum and we will help you optimize your settings. See the links below for how to organize and post your data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2019, 05:59 AM)lemonbomb Wrote:
(06-16-2019, 04:24 AM)crowtor Wrote: Congrats, you really dodged a bullet there with the Airmini.

The website I got it from said that the warranty is 2 years. But that's good to know that is the only thing that usually breaks. 

One blower motor, if it doesn't have any manufacturing issues, is gonna work for 15,000 - 20,000h without a problem, so you're looking at a minimum of 1250 days of 8h/day usage, thats almost 4 years at minimum before you can expect a hiccup or two to pop up. Some people reach 10-15 years of usage on older models.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may not have access to MyAir, but OSCAR is free and much better. Get it and use the links in my signature to post some charts. We can dial you in.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you all! My unit is arriving next week and I'm counting the days till I get it!
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 396 9 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 390 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 60 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 133 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 205 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 388 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.