Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEWBIE : Newly Diagnosed 39YO Male with an AHI of 74.1
RE: NEWBIE : Newly Diagnosed 39YO Male with an AHI of 74.1
Tried the DW Nasal Cushions and it was probably the most comfortable mask for me. I however got several large leaks but woke up refreshed either way. And kept the same settings. Will keep trying this mask for a bit.

Standard Settings

Ramp Time : 10mins
Climate Ctrl : Manual
Temperature : 27C
Humidity : 8
Tube Temp : Auto
Pressure Relief : On
Smart Start : Off
Mask : Fullface
Clinical Settings
Therapy
Mode : AutoSet
Max Pressure : 20
Min Pressure : 9
Mask : Full Face

Comfort
Response : Standard
Ramp Time : 10 mins
Start Pressure : 4 mins
EPR Type : Full Time
EPR Level : 2

* Switched to DW Nasal Cushions

I am curious about the last screenshot. My leak rate was very high (about 32), in fact it was in a Large Leak (12 mins) then the leak slowly scaled down as i got two OA's back to back (36s and 16s). After the OA's were done the leak spiked to 120. After that it my figures went back to normal. My question is, do you think my LL was caused by my mouth? Hence the scenario i described above and shown below.

[attachment=13467]
Take control of your machine
pick your weapon (ResScan/ OSCAR)
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
Also quick question, in OSCAR which is Central Apena? Is it "Clear Airway"?
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
Clear airway is a non-diagnostic term for a central. It's just based on the airway being open rather than obstructed. Your obstructive clusters seem to be less since you downsized to one pillow, and most events are CA. If this continues, a lower minimum pressure, and less EPR are likely where we will go. That OA on June 6 looks obstructive, with an arousal and recovery breathing. The recovery breathing is well-deserved after nearly 60 seconds of apnea. Wow! Have you considered taking up diving for seafood?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI getting lower! Really liked the DW Nasal Cushions! Its the most comfortable, minor irritation in the space in between my nose and my upper lip.

Also ordered my neck collar thing online and hope it lowers my AHI even more! Don't know if the feeling of having a 0 AHI and a 4 AHI will be a big difference?

But thanks for all the advice guys! crowtorWhyMeDeepBreathingDormeoMelmanSleepriderprandelicious, ajack!!!
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice to see this heading the right direction. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What's the size of your Dreamwear frame? Thinking of also getting the Dreamwear as backup to my full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2019, 08:13 PM)prandelicious Wrote: What's the size of your Dreamwear frame? Thinking of also getting the Dreamwear as backup to my full face mask.

For the F30 I fit comfortably in a Medium. For the Dreamwear I fit a small (I got the whole kit so I was able to test the other sizes and they all leak).

I'm about 5ft 8inches and roughly 180lbs for reference.

The Nasal Cushion also for me was the best as I also tried the Nasal Pillow (medium) since you just change one component but it's all the same head gear. I still get large leaks because I'm a side sleeper but it is honestly the most comfortable and I can watch, use my phone or read.

My AHI has gone even lower.
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
There has been an improvement since you sorted some positional stuff. Your median and 95% numbers look better.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2019, 07:23 AM)ajack Wrote: There has been an improvement since you sorted some positional stuff. Your median and 95% numbers look better.

My Numbers have been going down, it was 3.89 two nights ago and last night it was 2.87. I dont' know what is going on but of course I'm happy Smile ,I'm just curious why. Maybe my body is getting used to having a CPAP? This is my 7th night on the machine. 
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
Where did you buy the Dreamwear mask? Is it the Fitpack kit?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 21 303 1 minute ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 376 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 53 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 381 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.