Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEWBIE: Resmed AirMini data?
NEWBIE: Resmed AirMini data?
Hello all,

I am newly diagnosed, newly everything really... but I bought a ResMed Airmini for a pile of reasons that seemed to make sense at the time, but now six weeks in and I have learned some stuff, and I am a stats nerd and an IT professional by day, so on the weekend started writing some software to make up for the toy of an app that is the AirMini app on iOs.... a day of fervent effort and then some googling.... and I am here trying to come up to speed on OSCAR (and base variants). Lots of the questions here about Airmini data seem to be older than 12 months, so just kickstarting a chat to see if anyone has done anything clever, to get data off an AirMini and then use any software at all to access the data to see what is actually happening.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Peter.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEWBIE: Resmed AirMini data?
Oscar works by importing data from an SD card which for ResMed is encoded in EDF format.
We have never touched the OTA messaging.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the speedy reply, is there some kind of API for OSCAR that I could (foolishly) start looking at trying to make some kind of OTA integration for?
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is written in C++
Are you versed in that?
Do you have a desire to work on OSCAR?

If so please PM me.

We would have to be sure we could legally intercept the cellular signal before we could do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2019, 10:37 PM)bonjour Wrote: We would have to be sure we could legally intercept the cellular signal before we could do that.

You'll likely run up against a plethora of laws in various jurisdictions when it comes to that sort of thing.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I dont think intercepting cellular data would be much fun, however the AirMini, I believe, just BLE's to my iPhone App, and then my Iphone App sends the cellular data, so my idea would be to intercept the BLE stream.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2019, 11:17 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 10:37 PM)bonjour Wrote: We would have to be sure we could legally intercept the cellular signal before we could do that.

You'll likely run up against a plethora of laws in various jurisdictions when it comes to that sort of thing.

No kidding
Post Reply Post Reply
I just purchases an AirMini and have a similar issue--frustrating that the AirMini app doesn't even integrate with ResMed's MyAir.  Since the AirMini is bluetooth enabled (to communicate with the smartphone control AirMini app) could OSCAR on a bluetooth device interrogate the AirMini machine directly?
Post Reply Post Reply
Possible yes, difficult? definitely.
It would be the first ever direct communication with a device.
First step would be to understand the non-published command structure. and then we would need to decode the data structure. Only then could coding start.
Post Reply Post Reply
Curious to know if there are any further developments on the data collection of RM mini. I’m not buying one until I can access the data and use with either OSCAR or Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 100 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 257 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 135 03-28-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD Mal777 15 963 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,510 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 338 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,692 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.