Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NOTICE: OSCAR v 1.2.0 is Released 10/14/2020
RE: OSCAR v 1.2.0 is Released 10/14/2020
Rebuilding the data worked!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here, thanks for the suggestion to rebuild data!
Post Reply Post Reply
I cannot get the new 1.2.0 version to download. I get a message that "OSCAR-1.2.0-Win64.exe was blocked because it could harm your device." I went into settings and entered it as something to allow, but it still is blocked.

What should I do now? I'm not very computer savvy, so it would help if you could explain in simple terms.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
If this a Windows PC, there may be an option like Details or similar that takes you into an area where it gives the option to allow the download despite the warning. Mac? I'll let others try that explanation.

PS let me thank the dev team on a better yet version of OSCAR.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Deborah,
You are trying to download OSCAR from the link at the top of the page, which is, https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/? That is the ONLY link for OSCAR.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes my computer is Windows 10, and I did use the link in Bonjour's initial post.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sarcastic Dave, I took your advice and dinked around a bit. I GOT IT! Thank you so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Deborah K, I was experiencing this same problem with win 64 running Windows Defender yesterday.

After seeing your post I retried, about the third challenge window to pop up I clicked on "more info" or something like that in the window of the pop up. Then another pop up window appeared this has a Blue background Titled "Windows protected your PC" The body has a message that reads

" Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from
starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.
More info"

If you click on "More info"

It will open another option window below to the left of the " Don't run" window.

That window will say "Run Anyway"

The body of the message will replace "More info" with

"App: OSCAR-1.2.0-Win64 (3).exe
Publisher: Unknown publisher "

I clicked on "Run anyway"
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome and glad it worked.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you too LazyBones. That is just what I did, and it solved everything!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bleep Eclipse Magnets--Will the Eclipse Be Released Steptoe 1 1,069 09-13-2022, 12:08 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 14 6,507 04-29-2022, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] Using BIPAP since 11/2020 and AHI are averaging 23 per hour over the last year mkmb606 4 851 03-25-2022, 10:28 PM
Last Post: mkmb606
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released Gideon 0 5,786 10-17-2021, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [News] ResMed AirFit N30i RELEASED srlevine1 10 2,588 07-16-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Treatment] Auto BiPAP User December 2020 VanWrinkle 4 683 06-12-2021, 08:59 PM
Last Post: VanWrinkle
Sad CPAP User Since May 2020 - Still EXHAUSTED. krussell87 4 811 02-16-2021, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.