Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached)
First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached)
I just finished my first night and I uploaded the data to OSCAR but I have no idea what I am looking at! I got diagnosed via Lofta and a WatchPat One. During the test, my AHI was very low (even in REM) but my RDI was high (17.9), resulting in my diagnosis. 

Right now the min pressure is set to 6 and the max is set to 20. I have a full mask, covers both my nose and mouth. ResMed AirSense 10.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached)
you may benefit from switching from apap to cpap at the peak pressure you hit through the night. all in all doesn't look too bad though!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board,

This looks very good for the first charts. I wouldn't change things for the sake of change. Unless there's a thing to address, like comfort, I would just keep going as is.

How did you feel during and after therapy?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi! I meant to put that in my original post but I feel exhausted! I remember waking up at least three or four times last night, I think either due to the mask or my partner moving next to me. But despite these good numbers, I feel the same as if I hadn't used the CPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
OK that's somewhat to be expected unfortunately. Keep using the machine and let's see how things go. Feel free to update on progress. I myself don't see much to edit to improve this, so it's not an arbitrary dismissal thing.

Keep looking at OSCAR charts as you go. If there's any negative changes to the charts or how you feel, post this. Also any questions, the board is here to help you be successful.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're currently set at 6.0 minimum pressure, 20 maximum and EPR 2. I would suggest a minor change to minimum 7.0, maximum 11.0 and EPR 3. Your pressure mainly changed in response to a few clusters of flow limitation, which is what lead to that RERA just before 01:00. A higher EPR setting will reduce flow limits and prevent arousals related to them. That should help your sleep. Since the flow limits occur in distinct clusters, (01:00, 04:00, 04:40), you probably have some positional issues that can also improve your sleep. Read this wiki on positional apnea for some ideas on that https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea

Your therapy looks very good for a first night, and just a few minor change can help keep it on track and make things more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 53 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 67 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 405 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 175 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 932 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.