Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need DEEP data on how Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV work
Need DEEP data on how Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV work
Well this has been a major quest for understanding the New Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV machines…

I have learned they now track three breaths not five as did the older System One 650 and 960 machines.

I believe they are more sensitive and can be messed up even by holding your breath for a breath of two??

I also believe I have learned what the correct term for the problem I felt with my old 950and seem to be have some problem with a new Dreamststion BiPAP Auto SV machine it is:

VOLUME air volume, not air flow…My 950 lost air volume and even with good pressure and AHIs etc. reports I was crashing daily.

The Newer Dreamstation ASV system is having problems with its volume..most of the time I feel it is too low. I got an hint that this might be adjustable by changing some of the settings.

The older System One 950/950 seemed to provide more air Volume that this newer system.

The Dream Station ASV system seems to be a little irregular, sometime too high or so much volume it blows the mask off others too little: only a slight whisper of air flowing across my face, almost to the point I feel it is not helping at all.  

Here are the settings for Oscar
Machine Settings

Mode
ASV
Min EPAP  13.50 cmH2O

Max EPAP 17.50 cmH2O

Min IPAP 19.50 cmH2O

Max IPAP 29.00 cmH2O

PS Min 6.00 cmH2O

PS Max 11.50 cmH2O

Auto On Off

Breath Rate Auto

Flex Level 3

Flex Mode Bi-Flex

Hose Diameter 15mm

Humid. Lvl. 4

Humid. Mode Adaptive (System One)

Humidifier Status Connected

Mask Res. Lock Off

Mask Resist. Off

Ramp Pressure 11.00 cmH2O

Ramp Time 5.00 Minutes

Ramp Type Linear

Show AHI On

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need DEEP data on how Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV work
It's been over 3 months and I'm wondering how you're making out with "air flow" on your new machine. I may be upgrading to it shortly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need DEEP data on how Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV work
Found what seemed to causing the weird air flow problems.

Dreamstation was going up and down with air flow or volume because the mask setting on OFF. I could not correctly operate with my mask.

I found it was a forgotten setting, and that my old machines were set for X2.

Setting the Dreamstation to X2 for the mask has seemly fixed the changing flow problem.

NO one ever suggested I check the Mask Setting

Also It was suggested by my current sleep doctor's tech to turn it off and to then select a backup rate of 8 breaths and to then set to reaction for the default of 1.5. That seemed to help some with the flow rates.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 114 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 689 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Average AHI vs deep sleep stage AHI question BezDuh 4 586 01-24-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.