Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Some Full Face Mask Recs
Need Some Full Face Mask Recs
I’ve been using my DreamStation now for about 3 weeks and can’t get a good fit with the current mask I’m using (Dreamwear Full Face).  I wake up to air billowing out by my left nostril and can’t get it resealed in the middle of the night (very low tolerance for fixing stuff at 1am).  My pressure is set to top out at 16 (8-16) and usually rides up to 16 and maxes out there pretty quickly, which probably explains why it is rushing out the nose seal.  

I don’t have insurance so don’t have a DME I’m working with so am trying to do this all by myself.  I am a side sleeper, mouth breather and have a beard, so lots going on!  I don’t believe the beard (which is short) is the issue since the leak is always by my nose.  I’ve tried 2 different size nose cushions and neither work well.  

So I need to try another mask, and would love a recommendation before I rush out and pay cash for another one!  I need one that can handle a high pressure, and seal well under high pressure while I lie on my side and mouth breath the night away!  

Right now, I only use the machine for 2-3 hours a night because of the leaking and it interrupting my sleep so I want to get into a situation where I can use the thing all night long like I’m supposed to!

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Some Full Face Mask Recs
I've been having good results with the ResMed AirFit F20. I started SA Therapy with that. I used it as well during my in-lab sleep study. 

Not too long ago, I purchased an AirFit F30 once it hit the market. I did fine for a while, then I started having air leak issues. I'm now back to using the F20. 

I'm trying to figure out why the F30 turned on me like it did. I still like it and will continue to use it occasionally. I'm also a side-sleeper and a mouth-breather. The F20 works with me very well in that respect. 

The F20 also comes apart easily for cleaning. Of course, no one mask is going to fit / suit everyone well. But for me, it's my go to mask. 

Good luck to you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2019, 09:39 AM)StevoDevo Wrote: So I need to try another mask, and would love a recommendation before I rush out and pay cash for another one!  I need one that can handle a high pressure, and seal well under high pressure while I lie on my side and mouth breath the night away!  

Right now, I only use the machine for 2-3 hours a night because of the leaking and it interrupting my sleep so I want to get into a situation where I can use the thing all night long like I’m supposed to!

Thanks!

Hi SteveDevo,
I have been using a Fisher&Paykel Simplus FFM for several years, and it works well for me, even when my machine cranks the pressure up to 20.  I started with a Resmed Quatro, but it frequently  leaked around my nose and into my eyes, so I went looking for another option.  I used Supplier #26, and they currently have a money-back guarantee for CPAP masks, so you can test masks without risk.  I also am using Remzzz mask liners, as they seem to help seal the mask, and diffuse minor leaks  Good Luck in your search.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed F20 and the Fisher&Paykel Simplus are both popular on the forum. The F20 has worked very well for me. 
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got the ResMed F20 Full Face in both AirFit silicone and AirTouch memory foam cushions. The AirFit silicone works better to control leaks for me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,612 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 400 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 596 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.