Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help for improvement
RE: Need help for improvement
Thank you. My Flow Rate appear on some days and disappear on some days. I am not sure if this is a setting issue. I have been playing with the OSCAR but could not find it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2020, 05:59 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Sleeprider, my recollection is that with PR machines we don't see a FL graph/chart, just the line up in the Events.  Is that correct?  Or is my memory scrambled on this?  Thanks.

Thats correct. I wish respironics did show a graph for flow limitations. I'm not sure why that is. Dont-know
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Booby2210,
I do agree with SleepRider on you possibly needing a higher minimum pressure, just to clean up the FL and Reras and snores. These types of events aren't added to the AHI, but can disrupt your sleep.  You are probably experiencing many mini arousals that your not aware of.  

If your not comfortable raising the minimum to 9cm, then take it slower and move it to 8.5cm.  A smaller change at a time can make a difference.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with Rose. You don't have a flow limit chart, but you can see it in the zoomed view of the flow rate. Keep in mind Resmed measures flow rate at 25 times per second, vs Philips at 5 times per second. The pressure algorithm for Resmed is based on flow limitation, while Philips uses snores and flow rate. Small increases in pressure can help you titrate out the problems. Optimal results will be approximately when the difference between median and 95% pressure is at about 2-cm.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for spending your valuable time in this.
I tried with the Min 8.5 last night and I think I woke up a few times, and I felt worse then the first 2 days with Min 8. 
Also, I see that the CA increased. Do you think it because I have not used to the higher pressure yet?
Should I keep trying until I get used to it?
One more thing is, I have been using the Philips for almost 3 years. Do you think it worth it to change to ResMed?

Thanks a lot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think the number of CAs is inconsequential, plus you had about the same on one of the charts you uploaded in your first post. My advice would be to stick with 8.5 for at least a few nights to see whether you can settle in with it.

I'll let the experts advise you about changing machines. One question in the back of my mind is whether your flow limitations are severe enough to warrant a ResMed Vauto, rather than an Airsense 10 Autoset. It will be useful to see how things trend on Min 8.5 and -- if you can hack it -- 9.
Post Reply Post Reply
I spent 2 night with 8.5 and 9, the AHI is stable and low. Do you think I should try increase to 10 to clear out all of the snore. 
Thank you all and Happy Valentine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Don't chase things that do not need to be chased. If you can provide a reason to reduce the snores, other than the fact that they are there, then yes, try 10. If not then you are looking for comfort. Your doc would likely say your numbers are excellent, leave well enough alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine turns on full blast the minute I start using it, Is it possible to get in and change it to gradually get to max. I saw the manual to get into system to make changes. I am unclear on what option to use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump2

Mod note: Thread restored.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Improvement after adjustments - still can't stay asleep DKane 0 101 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DKane
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 138 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 357 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Grin New CPAP User, looking for improvement help babysleep 8 504 01-24-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  eXciteOSA See Any Improvement? (with images) bergerj 6 1,751 01-21-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: jrolli1509
  some improvement but still having symptoms her.suit 1 271 01-04-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  First OSCAR data - lots of leaks and hardly any improvement :-( p123 8 731 10-10-2023, 03:48 AM
Last Post: p123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.